Provenance empowers great brands to increase trust in their products, using Blockchain for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin, journey and impact of products to the point of sale, with a social mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to help us build the future of brand trust. The focus of this role will be on developing the core interface and features of our SaaS product across marketing pages, content management tools and suite of embeddable, shopper-facing experiences.
This is an exciting and challenging role within a growing team, supporting a rapidly evolving platform. You will start as the only interface developer in the team and as such, you will need to be able to balance attention to detail and maintaining quality in a rapidly changing codebase with a pragmatic approach to shipping improvements and features.
You will be reporting to the CTO with daily interactions with the rest of the product team (designers, developers and community engagement team) working in two week Agile sprints.
Provenance is working at the intersection of physical and digital along product supply chains (mostly in food, drinks, but also fashion and furniture). So a love of how things are made, and a keen interest in sustainability / social and environmental impact in the creation of physical products is a big plus.
- Front end web development: mobile-first, responsive, component-based
- Developing new features through a lean, test-first, iterative approach
- Proactive bug fixing and improvements to ensure our users have a great experience using our tools
- Refactoring to ensure the codebase grows in a consistent, maintainable way
- Ensuring interfaces work well across modern browsers
- Champion the introduction of new technologies, techniques and best practices in web development
- Experienced front-end web application developer (at least 3 years building products and services on the web)
- Experience using front-end build tools (e.g. gulp, yarn, webpack)
- Comfortable working with templating languages (e.g. ERB) within a full-stack web application (e.g. Ruby on Rails)
- A passion for creating beautiful, simple experiences to help users achieve complex tasks
- Familiarity with web standards and best practices for fast load times and accessibility
- Understanding of SEO and marketing analytics best practices
- Great interpersonal skills and an open attitude to collaborating daily with designers, marketing colleagues and other engineers
- Comfortable prototyping ideas and iterating them based on user feedback
- Comfortable as the only front-end developer in the team
- Strong visual and aesthetic sense
- Working directly with businesses and organisations trying to make global supply chains fairer and more sustainable. Social impact is core to the business.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Working with cutting edge technologies – part of building the future 🙂
- Employee share option program (meaning you get to own some of the company)