At Zava we believe in giving people the power and confidence to treat the conditions society judges most. Every day we treat thousands of people across Europe who feel let down by the ‘old’ way of doing healthcare - phone calls, paper prescriptions, bureaucracy, waiting and worrying.
We’ve built an online medical platform that connects patients with doctors, pharmacies and test laboratories - providing safe, efficient and non-judgemental care to over 1.5 million patients in 6 countries and counting.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Engineer with a passion to launch tests quickly and build beautiful web applications with solid technical foundations based on the results. We’re an agile, highly collaborative and passionate team with complementing skills sets, and you should be open to coaching others and expanding your skills.
DIMENSIONS & STAKEHOLDERS
Your main interactions will be with your agile team, the Product Owner, the UX designer, the other engineers and QA Automation testers within the organisation. And also >
- DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer
- Head of Development
- Develop new features and applications based on your team’s roadmap (which you contribute to building)
- Enhance and extend existing UIs
- Code to high quality standards and ensure your work is tested (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Help to design and run multi-variant tests to try to new features
- Implement mobile-first components
- Collaborate with other engineers and UX designers to improve usability
- Learn and stay up-to-date on technologies
- Review code and design from other team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Expert level HTML and CSS
- Modern frontend framework (Vue.js, React etc.)
- JS unit testing tools & frameworks (Karma, Jasmine, ngMock, Chai)
- RESTful API consumption
- build and packaging tools (npm script, webpack, gulp, grunt)
- basic skills in PHP or Node.js or another backend language
- HTTP, CDNs, page rendering performance
- Code versioning tools, such as git
- Angular 1.X
- RESTful API development
- split testing and analytics (e.g. Optimizely, Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- good skills in any backend language
- Team player
- Passionate about technology and delivery
- Willingness to learn and grow
- clear verbal and written communication
- Agile team experience
- Continuous Integration
- working in a fast paced startup
- Docker & Linux containers
Who are we though?
- We’re DrEd. We’re disrupting healthcare by taking it online; using technology to empower patients.
- We work in partnership with some of the biggest names in healthcare, like Superdrug, and in many markets throughout Europe – the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- We have treated over 1.5 million patients across Europe over the last 4 years.
- We’re an ambitious, focused and fun team of circa 70 doctors, developers, product & UX’ers, ops and marketers
- We’ve created a vibrant, collaborative working environment, with a casual dress code, flexible working hours and a relaxed open plan office space
We can offer you
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- An experienced, highly collaboratively development team to learn from and contribute towards
- Competitive salary, with a share options package and company-wide bonus scheme
- Hardware of your choice
- An individual training budget to spend on any conference / workshop you wish
- The ability to work flexibly as well as some great team social events every month (including our Friday Lunch & Learns)
- Private healthcare scheme (including gym and excursion discounts) and childcare vouchers
- Our brand new central London office in Angel offers excellent transport links, weekly fresh fruit, free breakfast, great freshly ground coffee and a bundle of local coffee shops, eateries and bars!