Fiit is a technology start-up on a mission to revolutionise the fitness industry leveraging data science, smart technology and the explosion of fitness influencers.
We want to make fitness addictive for the vast majority of people uninspired by the fitness options in the market today.
Our founding team consists of proven entrepreneurs who have built successful global businesses in marketing technology, real estate and entertainment.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with our Founders and CTO to understand business requirements
- Review designs and journeys with our Founders and UX/UI specialists
- Work with our CTO to ensure the solution delivers the required quality and adheres to best practice and understand impact to wider Fiit products
- Work with other engineers to write software based on backlog items
- Work with QA engineers to ensure they are engaged and ready to test the software at the right time in the development cycle
- Seek out and actively promote ideas
- Get stuff done and take a proactive approach to work
- Understand the impact of any changes to the Fiit strategy
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of web apps and APIs
- You will never be comfortable, there is lots of room to grow. We aim to be a leader in digital fitness by 2020, join now you’ll be part of something big in the sector
- Everyday is different in a startup, so one day you’ll be Designing a website, the next our social media assets, you’ll also be prepared to get stuck into other startup related tasks.
- When we have succeeded in our mission you’ll be able to reflect on your work and say I encouraged millions of people to be fitter and healthier, I helped create the new fitness culture in UK, even world-wide
- You’ll need to adapt and always be learning first hand how a startup business works, watch it grow and evolve, adaptive to real problems
- Proven development experience with consumer facing web apps
- Experience building component based UIs, ideally React and Styled Components
- Passion for creating clean extensible APIs, GraphQL experience a bonus
- Awareness of database schema and query design, Postgres preferable
- Experience working in an Agile environment, writing unit tests and practising continuous delivery
- Interest in the latest community news, building projects or npm modules in your spare time
- Performance related bonuses & equity options
- Great office environment. Located on the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford.
- Free tea’s and great coffee,
- Private health and dental insurance
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Training and development opportunities