As a Game Designer at Mojiworks, you’ll contribute in a big way to designing games that pioneer how millions of people play together. Youll use your knowledge of game mechanics, mobile play-styles, and free-to-play design to help us create new types of social & multiplayer fun.
If you’re a game designer with significant experience of the whole lifecycle of product development, this role may be perfect for you. Or, if you come from a mobile UX background, we’d love to talk with you.
Were looking for exceptional game designers to work with us in the new and fascinating design space of games built for messaging platforms. We view game design as a shared responsibility, and you’ll add rigour and structure to that, as well as contribute ideas and solutions. You’ll gather feedback from multiple sources - including your colleagues, user testing, and analytics reports - and formulate designs that improve the user experience and mitigate issues.
You’ll use your technical skills to create prototypes, run experiments, and be a fundamental part of our development process.
- Bring design rigour to the creative process shared by the whole team
- Imagine and communicate new styles of play tailored for messaging platforms
- Collaborate in small teams to take games from original concept through to launch and live development
- Create prototypes of new concepts, mechanics, and interfaces
- Give and take feedback to iteratively improve the game
- Work with our data team to build and iterate economies
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in games, mobile, and messaging
- Good understanding of the mobile/social game space and free-to-play design
- Solid grasp of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation
- Ability to empathise with, and design for, many different types of players
- Feel for to how to balance innovation with timely project delivery
- Aptitude for producing prototypes and working examples under your own steam
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly iterative and collaborative environment with an emphasis on lean teams and individual responsibility
- Background in game art or programming
- Mobile game design experience with live operations & experimental iteration using data & KPIs
- Understanding of UX (wireframing, prototyping, etc) and/or UI mockups for mobile titles
- Experience of:
- The free to play game model, and designing successful titles
- The entire product life-cycle, from concepting/prototypes all the way through to driving improved results across frequent post launch updates
- Data informed design
- Bright, comfy studio space in the heart of Guildford, the geekily glamorous ‘Hollywood of Games’, just half an hour by train from central London
- 25 days paid holiday, plus all public holidays
- Share options scheme
- Annual self-development budget of £1000
- Company anniversary celebration for team, partners, and families - we just held our first one at Thorpe Park
- Regular outings, games/pub evenings and ad hoc socials
- Endless supplies of tasty snacks (varying degrees of healthiness)
- A memorable celebration on passing probations and anniversaries
- Daily trailblazing with a humble, hardworking team of good humans
Mojiworks is a friendly, funded and fast-growing UK startup dedicated to games for messaging apps. Founded in 2016, we started experimenting early by making collaborative messaging games that lots of people played and loved, and now we’re working with Facebook on next-generation Instant Games, tailor-made for Facebook Messenger, that we believe will be platform-defining. We have a great head start on achieving our ambition to become the global leader in games for messaging, and our highest priority right now is building a diverse and happy team to co-create a whole portfolio of totally new, inclusive messaging games to delight millions of players across the world.
We’ll value your unique spark, ideas and contributions and support you to do the best work of your career, encouraging discovery and learning every step of the way.
In a nutshell, we:
- Have a go at hard problems, learn fast, and try to be progressively better at everything we do
- Highly value honesty, differing viewpoints, creative thinking and transparency
- Promote health and happiness, and funnel them into creating amazing games.