You already know how Monzo disrupted banking, and how Transferwise made it simple to send money abroad. We bet you’d rather summon an Uber than hail a taxi.
Insurance is the latest traditional industry on the brink of a tech transformation.
In 2016, Zego was founded by ex-Deliveroo managers. We believe that everyone - and every company - deserves clear, simple and flexible insurance. From carpenters to corporations, part-time hustlers to workaholics, Zego is committed to building insurance products that provide total peace of mind at a fair price.
In 2018, the Zegons landed in both Spain and Ireland. It’s our ambition to become a global business – we’re constantly pushing to break into new markets, discover what our customers want and deliver the products they need.
We’re backed by the best VCs in Europe and have been named amongst the ‘100 Hottest Startups in Europe’ and ‘Insurtech 100’.
Best of all? We’re just getting started.
We are now looking for an Ireland General Manager to build and strengthen relationships among key influencers in insurance. Ideally, you have a strong knowledge of Irish culture and regulations as we will treat you as our Ireland expert! The role can be based either in London or Dublin.
- Manage senior relationships among key partners and stakeholders including insurers, local governing boards, and relevant suppliers and vendors
- Full country P&L responsibility, covering revenue and cost base
- Represent Zego at local events and with local PR
- Oversee local regulatory concerns and politics concerning the gig economy
- Define Zego’s strategy in your country and the broader region
- Collaborate effectively with other country GMs and core central teams
- Help scale our other territories through developing and sharing best practices
- Experience of consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience is preferable
A little bit about your experience and interests:
- History of managing impactful projects or impactful product lines
- Preference for experience in operations, sales/marketing, business development and strategy
- Proven people management capabilities. You’ll know how to motivate a team and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies (nice to have)
- Driven and determined to exceed expectations
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Articulate and able to present ideas and strategy eloquently
- Intellectual and commercial curiosity
- You’re a doer as well as a thinker – you take a practical, action-orientated approach to simply getting stuff done
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to develop lasting partnerships
- Competitive salary package with stock options
- Working at VC backed high growth startup
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Work with people who love what they do every day