Hummingbird is the leading global remote sensing business for agriculture, using artificial intelligence and imagery analytics gathered from drones, planes and satellites technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology to enable precision agriculture. We use the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field meaning farmers on the ground are able to manage their land in a more sustainable manner.
We were recently awarded KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019 and Cognition X Best AI Product for Agriculture 2018.
Existing backers of the business include: The European Space Agency, Sir James Dyson, Horizon Ventures, Downing Ventures and Velcourt, Europe’s largest commercial farming operation. We also have tech partners which include Google UK and Cranfield University.
Hummingbird was founded in 2016 at the Imperial College technology incubator and we have raised over £10m in funding so far.
We operate internationally with offices in London, São Paulo, Sydney, Perth, Moscow, Kiev and Lviv.
We are a fast-growing startup that requires the expertise and experience of a proven Global Head of Sales to assist in the operational management of our global teams providing guidance across all the geographies that we operate in, reporting directly to the CEO.
As a Global Head of Sales, you should use your creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth. Communication and team management skills are also essential for this position.
Ultimately, you should aspire to develop and maintain successful relationships with your direct reports work to unblock potential sales hurdles across the rest of this global team.
- Work closely with our CEO, Chief Strategy Officer and Country Heads to ensure that we are maximising and converting all of our potential sales opportunities
- Scope out and implement a long-term plan for our sales team that expands our customer base and maximizes opportunities within the pipeline
- Track individual sales performance and establish how to get the most out of the team
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Motivating and rewarding individual performance through commission incentives
- Ownership of the Hummingbird’s sales cycle across all geographies
- Motivating global teams across multiple geographies to maximise their sales potential
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands our customer base and ensures its strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and the status of competitors
- Work with the internal Hummingbird colleagues to stay up to date with new product launches and communicate updates around the world
- Reporting to the CEO regularly on progress
- Proven work experience as a sales manager across multiple geographies
- A clear understanding of the SaaS sales process
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close, and to monitor this continuously through CRM
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Has scaled-up sales teams previously
- Experience in wider agriculture, food or agrifood tech industries
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme and/or Commission
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Learning & development allowance