What is FinTech Connect?
- FinTech Connect is a start up division of IQPC - and now represents one of the largest events in IQPC’s global portfolio.
- In just 3 years, the team have launched and established the UKs leading financial technology conference and tradeshow - www.fintechconnect.com
- The event is attended by 5000 visitors, 175 exhibitors and features multiple on-site conferences, workshops and live demos covering digital transformation, IT & Infrastructure, insurance technology, regulatory & compliance technology, payments technology, artificial intelligence and blockchain.
- Financial technology (FinTech) is a dynamic, fast evolving market, and London is one of (if not THE) greatest global hubs for innovation.
Taking place at ExCeL London every December, FinTech Connect is the most exciting gathering of it’s type in Europe, bringing together major financial institutions, investors and entrepreneurs, to benchmark and review the bleeding edge technologies that are changing the way that consumers and businesses pay, save, borrow and lend. It is a major industry gathering with big brand sponsors, speakers and attendees, and massive potential for future growth.
An opportunity has arisen for a commercially focused and conscientious conference producer, who has aspirations to develop an exciting career in conference production, working on an exciting and dynamic product that is at the centre of the financial technology industry.
What does the conference producer do?
The Conference Producer will report into the Senior Content Director, working closely with them on the delivery of all content that is present on-site at FinTech Connect. In addition to this, they will also be responsible for curating a number of pieces of marketing content in the run up to the event. As well as being an amazing copywriter, you will work closely with the Senior Content Director in coming up with the new ideas for content and themes which both enhance delivery of FinTech Connect and present new commercial opportunities for your sales team. You will provide clear, topic-led briefs for the marketing and sales people who work on your event.
Responsibiliities also include:
- Carrying out telephone and face-to-face research with senior industry professionals to identify cutting edge conference topics.
- Sourcing C-Suite level industry professionals to be speakers across the varied conference agenda tracks.
- Assisting the Senior Content Director in writing detailed conference programmes and agendas to cater for the multiple layers of the FinTech industry.
- Working alongside internal teams to provide input into sales and marketing strategies.
- Champion exciting new elements of the event including (but not exclusive to) The FinTech Founders Forum and The Start Up Launchpad.
- Work with the Senior Content Director to produce cutting-edge content such as eBooks, reports and podcasts to create engagement with the industry throughout the year and in the run-up to the event.
- Give strong input into the events’ social media presence in partnership with the marketing team.
- Developing a clear understanding of the complex vendor market.
- Outstanding academic record – minimum 2:1 honours degree from a top university and strong A Level results.
- A high level of commercial acumen, which compliments a strong research and analytical ability.
- A passion for technology and an interest in analyzing the key trends taking place in the market. A desire to further this by being at the centre of the growing financial technology industry.
- A desire to identify, research and map key market developments within the financial sector, which will guide the content for your programmes.
- You will be an articulate orator with fantastic presentation skills – who has the confidence to speak with C-Suite industry leaders.
- A self starter who is looking to develop at a fast paced market leading business.
As part of a small team you will get constant mentoring and input from experienced business leaders. As the business grows, so will you! This is a real opportunity to take the next big step in your conference career, working on a dynamic, flagship show at one of the leading blue chip conference organisations in the world.
This career offers:
- Intellectual challenges and the need to regularly overcome problems
- Interaction with global business leaders within a diverse range of industries
- A fast paced environment
- Financial rewards for high performance
- Opportunity for rapid career progression
- Comprehensive training and development
IQPC is an international event and media company. Every year we produce more than 1,500 events in a variety of sectors. Founded in 1973, IQPC now has offices in major cities including: Berlin, Dubai, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Tampa.