People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. Weve changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world.
We’re a disruptive, rapid-growing business. When we launched in 2015, we quickly built momentum, receiving numerous accolades including Innovator of the Year at the Growing Business Awards, Venture Backed Start Up of the Year at the Start Up Awards and Future Fifty recognition. We now plan to expand our 10 million-strong UK userbase over the next two years, as well as expand keep expansing internationally, having launched already in South Africa and India.
We are looking for someone bright and ambitious to join our finance team, who is excited about the challenge of working in a fast moving and high growth environment. We will fund study towards gaining the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, along with providing significant opportunities to learn via working closely with our Financial Controller and CFO. This person will take responsibility for the day to day processing of financial information within the global business. This role will be critical as Clearscore develops and scales its finance function over the coming years.
Your responsibilities will include
- Hands on bookkeeping and financial management. You’ll need to be hands on with finance and prepared to roll your sleeves up, processing invoices and looking after the pennies. You’ll see getting hands on work done as a real contribution to the business and a great opportunity to get exposure to every area of the business.
- Maintaining strong financial controls. Both appropriate for the business now and evolving with the business as it continues to scale.
- Output of high quality financial information and MI that will be utilised for analysing ongoing performance against company objectives.
- Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and assist in the smooth running of the department
- An impressive educational background, with a track record of sustained high achievement.
- Previous financial experience is useful but is not a prerequisite.
- A personality that appreciates our data led approach.
- A self-starter with an attitude of doing and leading by example rather than team building.
- Genuine excitement about the unknown and a changing landscape
- An eagerness to embrace the variety of challenges presented every day in a growth company.
- A willingness to take on a broad and evolving role that at times will require you to roll your sleeves up and do what it takes to get the job done.
- A desire to integrate with and protect our culture, which is self-confident, bold and social
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 6%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if theres not one for your passion, start one!
- Regular team events and quarterly company events