The Palatinate Group is a UK-based leisure and holiday specialist based in Farringdon, London. Our business is focused on providing bespoke packages in the Golf, Spa, Horse Racing, LGBT and Cycling markets through our portfolio of sites.
The majority of our businesses include: YourGolfTravel.com, Spabreaks.com, OutofOffice.com, LoveVelo.co.uk and RacingBreaks.com.
With a team of over 300 employees we are dedicated not only to growing and improving our current sites but also to developing and launching new ones. We are constantly growing our portfolio and retaining the buzz that comes with the start up feel and culture. We are now situated over 2 locations, London and Brighton.
What makes us unique? Our people. Our employees are the life of our business and by joining our team you will become part of the most talented, ambitious passionate, collaborative and entrepreneurial team in travel as we continue to make huge waves in the market and further our position as the world’s leading niche travel brands.
We are currently looking to recruit a Group HR Assistant on a 9-12 month contract, to assist the People Team in providing an efficient, people–orientated and legally compliant service to the companies of The Palatinate Group.
- Support, facilitate and coordinate the onboarding of all new starters i.e. Contracts of Employment, Access passes and new starter packs.
- Collect and request employment references for all candidates following a formal job offer.
- Setting up new starter files and ensuring all required paperwork is returned and kept on files.
- Conduct induction process in the HR Managers absence.
- Conduct DSE workstation assessments for new starters.
- Issue probation letters including successful completion of probation or probation extensions.
- Leaver’s administration including issuing of resignation acceptance letters, the archiving of leavers personnel files and the collection of staff ID passes.
- Coordination of the annual leave system including monitoring requests against staff rotas, adding new employees to the system, updating new leave allowances and ensuring the system is up to date with leavers and current employees.
- Responsibility for absence notifications to managers and adding absences to the annual leave system and payroll.
- Assist with the Administration of employee awards including collecting votes, notifying winners and creating group announcement emails.
- Assist with organising quarterly Directors new starter welcome drinks.
- Respond to reference requests from other organisations.
- To take minutes/notes of formal or informal HR meetings when required including disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Assist with recruitment activities during high volume resourcing campaigns.
- Other HR Administration task as required.
- Act as a point of contact for employee requests and first line Employee Relations queries.
● £26,000 per annum
● A variety of travel discounts across the group
● 22 days holiday pa, increasing to 25 upon completion of a 6 month probation
● Recommend a friend scheme up to £500pp/£1000pp(IT)
● Regular company social events and office drinks receptions
● Personal Progression Plan
● Local discounts
● Childcare voucher scheme