Lavanda is a UK “proptech” startup shaping the future of property rental by putting the sharing economy at its heart.
We believe that Airbnb-style “homesharing” is fundamentally changing the way people discover, rent and buy residential property. Whether you’re an owner-occupier, a second home owner or a buy-to-let investor, Lavanda provides a trusted, flexible and hassle-free platform to optimise rental yield. By wrapping your property in our luxury hospitality experience and offering it as a short or mid-term rental, we boost its desirability and maximise occupancy throughout the year.
WHY ARE WE EXCITING?
At Lavanda our mission is to create value for property owners through luxury hospitality, technology and data. To execute on this, we’ve successfully brought together a team of proven world-class entrepreneurs - from across the hospitality, property and tech industries - to hone a brand and service that challenges a multi £billion industry. With a proven model that is backed by some of the UK’s most prestigious angel investors, we’re now well funded and growing fast.
We invite you to join a team of like-minded entrepreneurs and play your part in helping us build a business and brand that will shape the future of the residential property market.
SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?
- You’ll be the first point of contact for each guest from the moment they arrive in the city.
- You’ll meet and greet them at the door, show them round the property and ensure they feel completely at home before handing over the keys.
- You’ll be meeting and hosting different people from different cultures every day.
- You’ll need to know London like the back of your hand and be able to get about town quickly and reliably.
- You need to expect the unexpected! Whether it’s a delayed flight or a last minute change of plan, you need to remain cool and problem solve as appropriate, always putting the guest’s needs first.
- Youre passionate about hospitality and take often working evenings and weekends in your stride.
- You are a front-line ambassador and the face of Lavanda!
- You love Airbnb, and are probably a guest or host yourself. You draw upon personal experience as well as recognised best practices to inform your own unique style.
- You have a warm, kind and confident personality and are driven to create a positive and lasting impression with every interaction.
- You define yourself by your ability to communicate with anyone, and are able to adapt your style to transcend cultural barriers. You have a natural ability to read the tacit signals and respond to people as necessary to reassure them and give them peace of mind.
- You’re well travelled with a burning desire to experience new cultures and places like a local.
- You have world-class customer service skills, ideally honed within a hospitality environment (hotel, restaurant, etc.). You’re a natural problem solver with a “can do” attitude. Informal and relaxed, yet always respectful.
- You are patient, understanding and can manage yourself perfectly under pressure - hiding any internal stress from your guests.
- Impeccable time management. The late arrival of guests is acceptable, but guests arriving to a locked door is not.
- You have high personal standards and take pride in your appearance. You’re always clean, tidy and well presented.
- Great English, both written and spoken. Additional languages prized.
- You want a flexible role where you can pick the times you work. Perhaps youre working or studying part-time and looking for an exciting opportunity in your spare time. Lavanda is able to provide regular work to the right candidates, but please only apply if you are based in London and generally have good availability throughout the week.
We’re a small, highly motivated team who are all 100% committed to delighting our guests with unforgettable experiences. We share the thrills and spills of start-up life - sharing, recognising and rewarding success as we create it.
- Join a bright, young, engaged team who are working tirelessly to shape the future of the hospitality sector!
- Embark on a hugely rewarding career allowing you to interact with people and cultures from around the world on a daily basis to welcome them to your city and their home away from home. You’ll never be bored and no two days will be the same.
- The potential for a steady stream of competitively paid work that fits in with your schedule.