At Monese we are on a mission to give people the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. We are building a banking service that allows you to follow your dreams. A banking service that will support you every step of the way, wherever you may be. This is financial freedom for the hundreds of millions of people who live some part of their life in another country - whether it’s for travel, work, business, study, family, or retirement.
With over 1.4 million sign-ups, 70% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 4.5/5 TrustPilot score, Monese is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in Europe.
Our fast growing team is located in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of financial freedom. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you and you want to file patents, not follow trends, then read on…
About the role
As Head of Business Banking you will be responsible for expanding and building out our business banking product on an international level.
Your day-to- day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the commercial performance of business banking at Monese to make it a growing net contributor to company profitability
- Identifying potential areas of growth and working out how to tackle these
- Working closely with the product and engineering team to ensure the product is serving the needs of our customers and the necessary changes and improvements are made
- Expanding and developing the business banking side of Monese
- Finding new strategic partners and building great relationships with third parties suppliers and commercial partners for growth
- Mapping out a strategy for future growth and expansion on an international level
- Taking good care of the core product and ensuring this is being well serviced and developed
As a perfect candidate you should bring with you:
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in the world of finance and/or business banking including a demonstrable track record of driving commercial growth
- Experience and understanding of digital products
- Experience in leading a multi-functional team in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and proficiency in forecasting and financial analysis
- Proven track record of leading and developing a department and/or product
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written), including strong ability to synthesise disparate and complex inputs into clear and concise conclusions and recommendations
- Passionate about driving, developing and improving the business banking function
- Ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment and recognise the priorities
More about you…
- Other language skills beside English would be a strong advantage
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organised
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work in home office from time to time
- Dog friendly office
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.