Freetrade is changing the way Europe invests. We are a new tech startup, bringing free stock investing to the UK and Europe for the first time ever. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to invest in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
Our mission is to build a totally new culture around investing: innovative, customer-first and universally accessible. With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, were a growing team poised to change the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And thats just the start.
About the role:
Youll be in a leadership position within the broader Growth Marketing team: a unique, diverse group behind Freetrade’s impressive growth to date.
Youll set the vision and direction of our Content & Social team, whose mission is to tell our story through owned content and social media. You will report to our Chief Marketing Officer.
This is a rare opportunity for a very experienced, yet hands-on, savvy content marketer to come on board and define and implement a modern content strategy for one of the UKs most exciting fintech startups.
In your first twelve months at Freetrade, you will:
- Set the vision and future direction of our Content & Social team. Develop strategies and moonshots that accelerate the growth of the business through content insights and experimentation.
- Build a best-in-class content program through research, thought leadership and partnering with cross-functional leads across Engineering, Design, Product, and Data Science.
- Hire and lead a Content & Social team of experienced strategists.
- Manage a budget, while hitting key growth objectives.
- Develop content calendars, roadmaps, establish processes, propose scalable solutions, and ensure alignment of team processes with stakeholders.
- Build a content creation practice, and develop our friendly, fun voice from right inside Freetrade!
You should apply if:
- You have 8+ years of experience in content marketing, and you have years of experience at a startup/scale-up or a marketing agency, owning and significantly growing a user base through fun, unique content.
- You have strong leadership skills with the proven ability to build, motivate and lead a team.
- You can navigate ambiguity and develop processes / alignment that can adapt to a fast-evolving product.
- You look at "the numbers" every day.
- You identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so. You have a self-starter mindset.
- Youre a team player whom your colleagues can rely on.
- What we’re doing here at Freetrade excites you!
- A salary of £55,000 to £70,000, based on experience, combined with a stake in the company youre building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth tech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations. Were going to Lisbon next!
Were very open about what were working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.