Gousto is a leading UK recipe box business thats disrupting the grocery market and challenging how we think about what we eat and what we waste.
We started as an idea at a kitchen table. Five years on, our recipes are being served on hundreds of thousands of kitchen tables each week - and our business is still growing rapidly!
Here are some of our achievements to date:
- We have been voted best recipe kit company by The Independent, The Guardian, Metro and Time Out.
- We were named Retail Business of the Year by Startups UK.
- Timo (our CEO) has won Young Entrepreneur of the Year at both the Great British Entrepreneur Awards and the IGD Awards.
- Our customer care team and our suppliers have been recognised by the industry as outstanding.
Since we began in 2012, we’ve built up an incredible team of passionate, visionary people who are driving the business forward in ways we’re really proud of. The dedication, tenacity, thought and care of our team is the foundation that Gousto is built on. We take ownership of our actions and empower others to do the same. Now, we’re looking for more like-minded people to join us and grow our business over the years to come.
Reporting to the VP of Growth, you will lead a team of retention and CRM marketing managers to directly shape customer communications and touchpoints that drive ongoing purchase and loyalty. You will also work closely with other departments around the business (e.g. operations, food, digital) to implement and measure further initiatives that support our growth strategy.
You will have good customer marketing experience and an understanding of how CRM can influence customer behaviour. You will also be extremely data-driven and have experience in looking at the numbers that drive retention - you understand cohort curves and lifetime value and are familiar with Excel models to track retention behaviour and manage your activity.
You will work closely with the Acquisition & Nurture team to help them execute communications through a customer on-boarding journey, increasing our early-life retention.
You will work at a fast pace with a bias for action, and be driven by a passion to see results quickly. This is a high-profile role - with the support of your team and the rest of the business, there is a huge opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact.
- Own and oversee our CRM strategy and overall retention initiatives.
- Build a retention trading function to manage spend, cost efficiency and promotional activity across all channels
- Develop a comprehensive CRM program to segment, support and win back customers with personalised and targeted communication, content, and loyalty programmes.
- Deliver huge loyalty amongst our existing customers, working closely with Brand and CC teams
- Effectively develop and execute programmes across all marketing channels including email, mobile, social, web, and in-the-box comms
- Understand the customer lifecycle and develop plans to address points of improvement
- Work closely with customer care, technology, product, data, brand, and operation teams to develop, launch, and measure results and optimise retention initiatives.
- With the support of our Data and Insight team, utilise customer data, research and analytics to test promotional offers, creative, content/messaging, and frequency
- Build and develop an outstanding team - inspire, lead, motivate, coach, stretch talent
- Act as guardian of customer retention for Gousto, challenging the LT and MT to ensure we are doing enough on all fronts
- Attend and present at quarterly Growth Advisory Board meetings
- Management experience in a marketing discipline, working in a subscription business or similar.
- Demonstrable hands-on analytical experience.
- Bachelors Degree or higher with high calibre academic experience required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with or for a high-growth company.
- Strong bias for action and project management skills, with evidence of driving to make change happen quickly.
- Ability to work independently and manage campaigns and initiatives from start to finish.
- Experience in building relationships across a company to influence outside of direct responsibility
- Strong excel modelling skills and experience in understanding retention metrics.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Coffee, tea and fruit provided every day to keep you fresh
- Wine and beer provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can manage
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Quarterly all-company socials
- Regular team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think its deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.