Plum is founded by one of the first employees of TransferWise and one of the first engineers at Tictail, Victor and Alex. The two have set off on a mission to create the ultimate financial assistant so that everyone can get on top of their finances without any effort.
Plum is a data driven financial assistant that lives in Facebook Messenger as your ever-funny and trusted sidekick. You connect your current account to Plum and Plum’s AI delivers on three principles of financial well being:
1. Save money without thinking about it: Every few days Plum’s algorithm calculates and actually moves money out of a your current account into your Plum saving account.
2. Invest your savings: You can currently move your savings into a 3% return option offered by our P2P partner RateSetter, more investment options to come.
3. Don’t get ripped-off: Plum will highlight and switch your utility provider, your bank overdraft, your credit card or your loan if you are overpaying on any of these. All you will have to do is say “Yes!””
We are at 200k users now and looking our head of marketing to take us to 1m users!
What you can imagine doing:
- Owning the marketing approach of Plum from a positioning to an acquisition perspective.
- Have a very customer-centric approach to growth: using both quantitative and qualitative techniques to inform customer segmentation, develop personas and measure customer success.
- Being able to translate the brand of Plum to a clear story and content that resonates with users and comes clearly clearly.
- Have an appreciating for PR and taking the story of Plum and producing a PR machine around the Plum mission
- Have a product approach to growth and be able to work with the product -
- Be able to work with data: Go into the funnel and the conversion metrics and find ways to improve them.
- Previous Hands-on experience with a wide range of analytics, marketing and automation tools, such as Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook, Mixpanel, Intercom, Segment and Optimizely.
- Be creative and have an appreciation to creating engaging content using video and other mediums.
Is this role for you?
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and don’t like to be told what to do
- Want to experiment and learn
- Proven you can grow a marketing channel
- Have an aggressive growth mindset
- Have been at a creative or fast growing startup
- Want to make decisions and take full ownership.