We’re Bulb, an independent and renewable energy supplier. We have developed a unique operating model to provide affordable renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Technology is at the very core of both our business and our members experiences.Based in the heart of London’s vibrant startup community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology and energy industries become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
We are looking for a Head of Partnerships to support the work done inside Bulb Labs, the new products team at Bulb.Our mission is to help our members reduce their bills and their carbon impact. Working with new partners, developing meaningful partnerships that are turned into new products to help our members achieve this in every part of their life is the focus of the Bulb Labs team.
As Head of Partnerships you’ll be integral to
- Evaluate business opportunities in the broader energy ecosystem that can turn into new products and partnerships for Bulb.
- Help shape research and commercial modelling for each new opportunity, helping Bulb understand how much it might impact its business moving forward.
- Support in the due diligence that’s required for partners identification and evaluation of potential partners (proactively and reactively)
- Support commercially negotiating with partners on short or long term engagements.
- Manage partnership targets and KPIs.
At Bulb we want to hire people with the experiences necessary to get going quickly, but who are also interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but were also open-minded. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits, we’d love for you to send us an application.
- You have 5-10 years of experience in Business Development/Commercial Partnerships ideally working on large commercial and strategic partners
- You have some experience working in the energy sector
- You have experience with technology-led organisations, ideally in consumer-facing businesses
- You are collaborative by default. You are comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and also keen to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
- You have exceptional communication skills and are able to communicate complex ideas in a simple fashion
- You are commercially minded, numerate and have experience working in highly ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You have a track record of achieving success in selling complex products with long sales cycles
We offer some great benefits:
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- 1 month sabbatical leave after your first year
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast on Fridays