We are a high growth, vibrant technology company based in Old Street. We have carefully crafted our team from outstanding businesses (Google, Uber, Graze, Unilever, Just-Eat) to build a service that will redefine what it means to age.
We are here to provide top quality home-based care for those who cannot manage on their own. We match people to carers so they don’t feel alone and forgotten in a care home, and use technology to give families peace of mind. People need to rest assured that their mums/granddads/great aunties are being cared for at home when they are at their most vulnerable - everyone gets old. Even you!
About the role
The Head of People is a new role, responsible for setting our People strategy and building, motivating and retaining a high-performing team to ensure that Elder continues to deliver against its ambitious growth plans.
Some of the key deliverables include working with the COO and wider Leadership Team to ensure we continue to attract and retain the best of the best in our London based office, to continually develop and strengthen our culture, and to ensure we have the best people policies and processes to support our continuous growth.
You will also work closely with the Finance, Operations and Legal teams on areas such as payroll and headcount management, tax, recruitment and employment law.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, sometimes unstructured environment where personal accountability is valued.
What You’ll Be Responsible For…
- People Strategy: Oversee the formulation and delivery of the People Strategy and Plan, aligned with the Company’s business strategy and goals
- Learning & development: Design an incredible learning & development program within the business to ensure all of our team members are happy and have the tools they need for personal and professional progression. We believe in investing in our employees
- People Engagement - Define & implement Elder’s engagement strategy - we care deeply about the engagement of everyone who works at Elder as we understand it drives happiness, productivity & retention.
- HR: Lead on people decisions, training of the managers on HR topics, ensuring our policies and processes reflect the law and our values and we live by them
- Talent: Work with our talent manager to create an approach to recruitment that builds our employee brand and enables us to recruit top talent.
- People management: Lead and scale our existing internal recruitment and office management functions and built out a team of people/HR professionals over time.
- Diversity: Drive efforts to further embed our unique culture and values to promote diversity & inclusion across all our offices
- A proven track record of 5+ years in people/ HR related role - You’ve ideally been a Lead/Head/Director/VP of Talent or People in another fast-growing startup, and know what it takes to build a brilliant People function. Alternatively, you have held a wide breadth of people related roles at a larger organization.
- Have a track record of designing and building the systems and processes to underpin the rapid scaling of people in high growth, high-performance organisation.
- Have a passion for people. You are highly self-aware, personable and can show successful delivery across recruitment, employee growth, culture and engagement.
- Come with strong foundational theory but through experiences and trial and error you know what works and when we need to employ certain strategies to achieve a result.
- Are a proactive doer. You embody proactivity, with a can-do roll-your-sleeves-up attitude, and don’t wait around to be told what to do!
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series A & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- Plenty of socials and team lunches
- Amazing office in the heart of the tech scene in Old Street
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business.
This is the rare opportunity for an intelligent and driven person who wants to be part of a business that is growing exponentially whilst also changing the world for better!