You already know how Monzo disrupted banking, and how Transferwise made it simple to send money abroad. We bet you’d rather summon an Uber than hail a taxi.
Insurance is the latest traditional industry on the brink of a tech transformation.
In 2016, Zego was founded by ex-Deliveroo managers. We believe that everyone - and every company - deserves clear, simple and flexible insurance. From carpenters to corporations, part-time hustlers to workaholics, Zego is committed to building insurance products that provide total peace of mind at a fair price.
In 2018, the Zegons landed in both Spain and Ireland. It’s our ambition to become a global business – we’re constantly pushing to break into new markets, discover what our customers want and deliver the products they need.
We’re backed by the best VCs in Europe and have been named amongst the ‘100 Hottest Startups in Europe’ and ‘Insurtech 100’.
Best of all? We’re just getting started.
We are now looking for a Head of Ride Hailing. You will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team and coordinate the efforts to build a unique offering tailored to Taxi drivers (Uber and Traditional Taxis). You will develop a defensible proposition that will make Zego the dominant player in this space.
- Managing a cross-functional team - You will be leading a team of marketers, engineers, product managers and operations managers
- Leading the commercial effort - You will be responsible for leading and discovering new partnerships in the Ride Hailing and Taxi space, working closely with our existing partners and prospect
- Owning the performance - You will be accountable for the performance of Ride Hailing business unit, and responsible for identifying and tuning the key levers for growth
- Improving operational efficiency - We want to revolutionise and disrupt the Insurance space. You will always be aiming at improving the internal operational efficiency of your vertical, and share best practices with other teams
- Analysis - You will run thorough analyses to identify the best approach for new commercial opportunities or incremental improvements to our operations
- Communications - You will ensure that everything you are working on is visible and known to relevant central functions so that they can support you in your growth plans
- Builder - Entrepreneur spirit - you have experience in building businesses or working on big impactful projects from scratch. Once live, you have a track record of prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Adaptable with a "can-do attitude" - you are positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - you are able to identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and their impact on the business; you know when to get more data vs when to just make a call
- A creative problem-solver and a "fixer" - you are able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness
- A great relationship builder - you have a passion for building strong relationships across different cultures, working styles and are able to quickly gain the trust and respect of others
- Able to keep many plates spinning - you are able to stay on top of a wide range of topics across multiple projects, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others (including balancing the need to fix burning issues, without losing sight of the bigger picture)
- Competitive salary package with stock options
- Working at VC backed high growth startup
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Work with people who love what they do every day