Head of Talent (contract) Blockchain start-up in stealth mode
Exciting Blockchain start-up in stealth mode funded by a large consortium of leading banks, is looking for a contract Head of Talent to lead recruitment and deliver against a rapid-scale hiring plan in 2019.
This start-up is building a revolutionary foundational layer of financial market infrastructure which will have a
profound effect on the global financial services system.
The team is made up of senior people who have been highly influential in the banking space, and specialists in the emerging world of blockchain.
As Head of Talent you will you will own recruitment and people processes and be responsible for ensuring that we only hire the best people.
You will have the opportunity to build a recruitment function from the ground up and deliver against ambitious hiring targets in a new and exciting industry.
You will also be responsible for on-boarding candidates and ensuring that they are ready to hit the ground running from day one!
You will also have the opportunity to help shape the culture of the organisation as it grows, through the ongoing management of internal talent processes and the development of people policies, values and cultural behaviours.
Your first task will be to build a recruitment function by creating an efficient and data-driven recruitment strategy that ensures that we meet our hiring goals.
We are aiming to build an internal recruitment function, and this role will be assessed on number of direct hires, we will not be using external agencies or third parties. Most of your time will be spent driving employee referrals, sourcing passive candidates, developing a compelling candidate attraction strategy, and speaking to direct applicants and people in our combined networks.
You will work closely with the senior management team on headcount planning, aligning the talent strategy to business objectives as well as advising them on effective interview process.
This is a rare and amazing opportunity to help build and shape a team which will change the future of finance.
- Overall responsibility for talent acquisition and ongoing management, liaising with the Senior Management Team
- Leading the scaling phase of the new organisation, covering approx. 50 permanent hires in a short time-frame.
- Managing the recruitment process end-to-end - working with management team to define requirements, draft job descriptions, identify and shortlist candidates for roles and perform initial screening / interviews to ensure candidate suitability. Scheduling interviews, managing the interview process from feedback through to offers.
- Benchmarking of remuneration & benefits, including the setting of suitable cost boundaries (high/low) for each role
- Building a talent pipeline through active search, head-hunt and attending relevant industry and networking events. Leveraging the current network and contacts for potential hires, managing through to effective short-listing.
- Building off-line recruitment channels such as: developing relationships with universities, research institutions and commercial partners to identify potential talent.
- Candidate attraction: Developing online talent attraction strategy of paid and non-paid channels. Posting ads on relevant online job boards, communities and forums. Developing strategy for ‘social recruitment’ - ensure that presence on relevant social media and online platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor etc is maximised for talent attraction.
- Defining the interview process, including suitable tests / scorecards.
- Creating templates for offer letters, employment contracts.
- Defining and managing the administration of offer letters, employment contracts, set-up, and on-boarding of all hires, including the set-up of payroll information.
- Setting up, refining and managing recruitment and HR Platforms (e.g. Workable / Charlie HR)
- Creating, maintaining and evolving people policies and processes (including grievance, disciplinary, benefits, sickness, leave, maternity, expenses, international hiring etc – which are defined in a company handbook.)
- Completing all necessary administration to ensure regulatory compliance (GDPR etc)
- Being responsible for the well-being of all new hires, with a particular focus on the time from an offer being made through to the end of their first 90 days within the organisation.
- Developing and updating suitable on-boarding processes and materials to ensure rapid contribution to organisational goals (with support from broader organisation).
What we need from you:
- Proven expertise in hiring exceptional talent for a startup, with a focus on direct sourcing
- Experience in developing and delivering hiring strategies for technical and senior positions
- Background in building end-to-end recruitment functions, people processes and policies in start-ups from scratch
- Demonstrable track record of building agile teams, including all aspects of agile working practices and cultural considerations
- Experience of recruiting the types of roles that are being hired (high focus on various levels of legal / business / technical analysts)
- Policy and process creation experience within an early stage business including configuring and maintaining related tooling
- Well-developed networking skills, with the proven ability to attract new talent, and sell a start-up concept to candidates.
- Well-developed interviewing skills – you are able to identify A-Players and assess candidates for culture fit and ability to fit into a scaled-agile organisation structure.
- Experience building strong relationships with hiring managers and internal teams.
- Articulate and confident communication style
- Competitive contract rate
- Central London office location
- Fresh fruit and snacks in the office
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic blockchain start-up on the cutting edge of fin-tech
- Potential for this role to develop into a permanent role (for the right person)