At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £55m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
At carwow we’re always striving to be THE BEST place to work, so having slick and scalable operations is really important to us. As the HR Assistant you will work closely with our People Operations Manager to ensure our People Processes are operationally excellent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage new starter information including inputting starters into PeopleHR (HR system), generating offer letters and employment contracts.
- Track and record new starters, notifying any relevant people for purposes of onboarding
- Track and record leavers, into PeopleHR (HR system) and the employee files
- Provide payslips, P45s, P11Ds and P60s when required
- Create and maintain employee files for all new starters, adhering to Data Protection guidelines
- Maintain the filing system for current staff and leavers on a monthly basis
- Ensure the ongoing accuracy and maintenance of our HR Information System (peoplehr) data at all times including cross checking monthly reports for errors, updating our org chart accordingly.
- Ensure all payroll changes are captured and processed in the monthly payroll and in Peoplehr (HR system), on time and with great accuracy.
- Ad-hoc reporting as requests
- Ensure companies People Metrics are kept accurate and updated monthly
- Manage external reference requests e.g. mortgages, new employment, tenancy
What Good Looks Like:
- All contracts, leavers documentation and changes are administered accurately and on time
- Payroll is accurate with no errors
- PeopleHR system is kept up to date and accurate with new starter and all employee changes information
- Employee data is managed accurately and securely
- Timely response to people queries from the business
- Excellent data inputting skills and exceptional attention to detail
- You’ve worked at a high growth company before so are used to scaling processes
- Office-based experience and with some administration experience, ideally as part of a People/HR team
- Team player, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Computer literate with intermediate skill levels in Excel and or Google Sheets
- Aptitude for numbers, data, absorbing lots of information, willing to learn a lot and take on responsibility
- You’re methodical, thorough, accurate and organised with a keen eye for detail
- Youre an independent thinker/learner with a good level of initiative and a quick learner
- You can prioritise your workload really well
- You’re friendly and helpful and no job is too small
- You have great written skills to communicate clearly with the team
- You understand the importance of keeping personal data confidential
- You are excited to complete your CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Human Resources Practice
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity, paternity leave and return to work policy
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).