At Bloom & Wild, we’re using technology to reimagine the experience of buying and receiving flowers, reconnecting people more thoughtfully to make sending flowers a joy and a delight to receive. In doing so were aiming to become the UKs most loved flower brand.
Were looking for an interim Director of People and Talent to cover a maternity leave for 10 months from March 2019 until December 2019. You will report to our CEO and Co-Founder and manage a team of 3 full-time members of our team.
You will have the opportunity to own the definition and delivery of our People and Talent strategy and roadmap for 2019. You will help us continue to be an addictive and loved place to work for existing and future team members and drive team expansion in 2019 across all people channels.
Based in our lovely new offices in Vox Studios in Vauxhall, you’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise our goals. This is a unique opportunity to join the UK’s second fastest growing tech startup and shape how our People and Talent offering defines the next stage of our success.
- Business partner closely with senior team and managers across the business to increase engagement and ensure focus on growth and talent development - work with managers to ensure a fair talent development and reward strategy across teams.
- Own the workforce plan and ensure requests for additional resource are strategically considered. Drive the plan to identify, track and develop key talent across the business including succession planning to manage risk.
- Work across the business to drive a high-performance culture including managing our two annual review cycles and designing our pay and promotions cycle to reward high performance.
- Work with managers to upkeep our career growth frameworks and ensure we genuinely support career growth and progression in a fair but accelerated manner. We have a fast paced learning culture at Bloom & Wild and want to make sure that people are rewarded quickly and fairly for high performance.
- Business partner and coach team members at all levels.
- Act as sounding board to senior leaders to drive People strategy and initiatives, provide counsel, advice and valuable pushback. Be an effective coach to senior leaders.
- Plan, develop, organise and evaluate the people function and its performance across all disciplines. Running clear, precise and detailed reporting to ensure improvement areas are quickly identified and resolved.
- On the ground practical, consistent and proactive counsel around talent acquisition, onboarding, development, performance management, policy development, employer branding, immigration, ER and coaching.
Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding
- Work with our Talent Associate to design and deliver an effective sourcing strategy for 2019.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout our Talent Acquisition function and ensure delivery of high quality tech and non-tech hires quickly, with an excellent candidate experience.
- Support our Talent Associate to grow our employer brand through speaking opportunities, blog posts, awards, ongoing iteration of our careers site and more.
HR infrastructure and Employee Relations
- Provide expert advice to leadership team relating to Employee Relations issues and legislative issues.
- Subject matter expert on all employee law related matters incl ensuring that our policies and procedures are in line with current legislation.
- Support our People Ops Manager in moving towards greater automation – i.e for performance reviews, eNPS surveys, feedback etc.
Learning and Development
- Work with our People Operations Manager to oversee and continually improve our onboarding, induction and probation processes.
- We have just completed our first manager development classroom training - next will be continual implementation and ongoing codification of some of these core business concepts through peer learning sessions, coaching and more.
- One to one coaching and mentorship programs to ensure improved capability across Bloom & Wild and promotion of individual growth mindsets.
- Organisation of our lunch and learn external speaker series.
Reward Strategy and Management
- Own our benefits strategy benchmarked against other similar businesses. Work with our People Operations Manager to ensure maximum uptake/usage of benefits.
- Ensure our benefits are promoted properly to help shape our EVP as an inclusive, family friendly employer.
- Provide leadership to the People team to ensure a highly successful Talent Acquisition and People Operations function – raise the profile of the work the team are doing and ensure the team feel valued.
- You have significant People and Talent experience within a high growth eCommerce environment.
- You have a track record collaborating with senior leaders to propose, develop and implement tools and processes that will help manage fast-pace growth and lead a people team through that period of growth.
- Highly interested in and have proven experience driving a high performance culture through effective Talent Management.
- You are intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, proactive, and able to take ownership.
- You have led the delivery of multiple substantial People projects from start to finish.
- You have the ability to create goals, prioritise, and drive rapid delivery against the goals you define.
- Discreet, high integrity and fair in dealing with all people and situations.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, non-hierarchical and able and willing to add value at all levels within our team.