Memrise is an award-winning language learning system which combines cognitive science, entertaining content and advanced tech to empower our millions of users with linguistic confidence in just a few months of learning.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We recently secured Series B funding and have ambitious plans for the future. From growing our user base, to improving our product, there is a lot of work to do to take Memrise to the next level.
We are now looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join us on a 6 month contract.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the development and delivery of an internal communications strategy, writing key communications to employees
- Employ a clear and consistent tone of voice in developing compelling content for a variety of internal communications channels
- Manage the Internal Communications Calendar
- Cleansing Internal systems, centralising and de-cluttering internal comms processes
- Develop best practices and infrastructure to ensure communication is seamless across the business
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to research and succinctly present information compiled from various sources
- Experience in dealing effectively with stakeholders at all levels, including senior management
- Possess strong writing skills and the ability to adapt style to different audiences and channels
- Be able to work independently, using your own initiative to generate ideas and implement a high-quality programme of internal communications
- Have the organisation skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the discipline to deliver them within tight deadlines
- Experience of successful delivery of internal communication initiatives that have added value to the business and improved employee engagement levels
- Be team-oriented, flexible and enthusiastic with a committed, can-do approach
- Good knowledge and experience of leveraging and managing content within intranet and internal/employee social media platforms
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club and board games.