Samaipata Ventures is a venture capital firm with offices in Madrid and London (soon in Paris too!) specialized in pre-seed/seed-stage marketplaces and digital brands in Southern Europe, France and the UK. We’re a founder fund lead by a 24/7 body & soul entrepreneur, José del Barrio, co-founder and former CEO of La Nevera Roja, until its exit to Rocket Internet in 2015. We’re building a hyper specialized and founder-driven brand, to invest in brilliant founders and world changing technologies with a trustworthy hands-on approach (ask our portfolio if you don’t believe us!).
The deal is simple, we’re looking for a vibrant intern to join us for at least 6 months and help us to find top startups and entrepreneurs across the continent.
- University (ideally on its 4th or 5th year) or masters student, below 25 years old. Excellent academic record and interesting extra-curricular activities are a plus!
- Bilingual/Native English level. Spanish is highly valued too, as well as other languages of course.
- Experience in startups, tech companies, consulting, or even venture capital, will be highly valued.
- A hard-working youngster full of spirit and attitude who is willing to chase startups across the continent following disciplined procedures of sourcing and analysis.
- A startup enthusiast, passionate about technology and entrepreneurship, aiming to understand different business models and markets.
- An easy-going and friendly professional, that loves learning and exchanging insights on technology with our team of Samaipata lovers ;)
- 6–12 months paid internship at our Madrid office where you will discover the thrilling world of venture capital, and will be in touch with companies that will change the world forever through technology.
- Supporting our investment team reviewing hundreds of startups on a weekly basis, scrapping & cross-checking databases, qualifying information and contacting accelerators, incubators, and tech events to stay updated on the startup ecosystem. You will be able to fill your mind with ideas for your next business!
- Managing our internal software for deal flow management and startup analysis, and understanding all the steps performed before investing in a startup.
- Weekly trainings with our team and top professionals on hot tech topics such as blockchain, the sharing economy or machine learning, etc.