Anthemis’ vision is to cultivate change in financial services by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
Due to the increasing growth of our investment portfolio, we are looking to hire an Investment Associate to support the team in London with the increasing workload.
Role and responsibilities include;
- Assist the investment team in analysing early stage technology companies.
- Analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments across insurance and risk management, including new distribution propositions, analytics and data, artificial intelligence and automation, digital health, mobility and asset management.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to the overall dealflow sourcing.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a VC firm, or experience playing a key role in a financial services technology startup or accelerator.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology, insurance and broader financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Solid financial analysis skills and comfort with financial modelling exercises in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiousity and team-orientation.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Appropriate UK/EU work permit.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - 3% contribution & Group Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary benefit.
- Holidays - its important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays, so a total of 33 days.
- Mental health and wellbeing support.
- Regular yoga classes, pamper sessions and office snacks to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
- Flexible hours/work from home scheduling.