A well-funded independent company, with ambitious plans to expand, Gousto is looking for a dedicated Junior Copywriter to join our team. There’s never been a better time to join us, so if you enjoy working alongside smart thinkers, with extraordinary drive, passion and talent, then apply now!
Recipe box company, Gousto, is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK. On a mission to help families enjoy good food, we believe home cooking is important, so we’ve made it simple. We take the hassle out of planning, shopping and cooking, by delivering weekly meals with the ingredients and recipes ready to cook, so there’s no more ‘what’s for dinner’ panic.
Who you are
A Junior Copywriter with proven experience working in a fast paced marketing agency or in-house team. Your role is to write and develop brand and marketing messaging for emails, brochures, direct mail, packaging, blog posts and everything in between! You’ll be excited about what we offer and how to bring that to life through rich, energetic and optimistic language. The Junior Copywriter sits within the Creative team and reports directly to the Senior Copywriter.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for writing engaging and on-brand copy for customer marketing - emails, blog posts, print - in response to internal briefs.
- You will brainstorm creative ideas with the wider team, working on seasonal campaigns and larger projects.
- You’re happy mucking in on bigger projects as well as doing general housekeeping work - reviewing recipe cards etc. There’s no job too big or too small!
- You have solid attention to detail and will often be required to proofread content for spelling, grammar and clarity.
- You’ll be one of our brand guardians at Gousto, supporting the Senior Copywriter to make sure our tone of voice is consistent and all communications are on brand.
- You will bring a positive energy and a creative point of view to the brand community and Gousto as a whole.
Skills and experience
- Experience in journalism, copywriting or content
- Bachelors degree or higher in English, Journalism, Advertising or similar
- Great writing skills with an impressive portfolio of work to wow us with (examples of food/beverages/start up brands would be a bonus)
- Experience of writing in different media, from digital to print, both long and short form
- Ability to create original, impactful, persuasive and conceptually compelling work
- A passion for words and communicating the essence of a story
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build great relationships with people from across the business
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A natural interest in food and lifestyle trends
Extra skills we’d love
- Set-up/managed your own blog (particularly through wordpress)
- Strong personal presence on social media
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think its deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.