PatSnap is a global, hyper-growth, venture-backed start-up with offices in London, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Singapore, Toronto and LA. Our cloud-based software enables innovators to be more effective in their research and investment decisions and bring new inventions to market faster.
Our hyper-growth trajectory is powered by our people, and we are extremely proud of our company-wide vision, work ethic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Ideas are always welcome, regardless of seniority, because we believe that open innovation amplifies success throughout every department: product development, marketing, sales or operations.
PatSnappers like to learn, grow and make a difference. Join us and be part of our story.
Ever imagined you’d get to help the NASA scientists working on the manned Mars mission? Or help some of the most brilliant scientists of our time map the path to their next technological breakthrough? We’re building a content marketing team that can help these innovators by becoming the worlds most reliable source of information and education on intellectual property (IP) data. We’re hiring a copywriter to take charge of our web and brand-related copy
What can I expect to do?
- You will be responsible for keeping copy on all main website pages and social media persuasive, accurate and on brand
- You’ll be writing website copy to support SEO strategy and increase relevant organic traffic
- You’ll optimise website performance by writing copy for experiments
- You’ll write copy for adverts, landing pages, webinar descriptions, event banners and other marketing collateral
- You’ll edit copy written by other members of the marketing team and people in the wider business
- You’ll support maintenance of the style and editorial guidelines
Why would I love this role?
- A laptop of your choice (Mac or Windows), with any required peripherals
- Private medical insurance and healthcare
- Personal development and training opportunities, sponsored by the company
- Games room in the office with a PS4, pool table and ping pong table
- Virgin Active gym discount
- A culture that encourages and rewards ingenuity—we will appreciate you for showing us a better way of working, rather than panic because you’re asking us to change
- Christmas and summer parties
- The chance to work with brilliant scientists, engineers and innovators (some of them are PatSnap employees and even more of them are PatSnap customers)
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities, so if you are adaptable and embrace change then you will thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non-hierarchical and egos dont fly here so no job is too big or too small, we all get stuck in to make the business successful, so you’d better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme. We face new situations and market opportunities which weve not encountered previously. There isn’t always someones footsteps to follow so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
Whats in it for me?
- Great career progression opportunities
- We’re highly experimentation-oriented, so you’ll get exposure to more facets of marketing than you would elsewhere
- You’ll be working in one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK and Europe
We hold our values strongly:-
- Integrity without compromise
- Self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Dare to dream big and make mistakes
- Radical candor with courage