At Onfido, we’re solving online trust at a global scale. Millions of day-to-day interactions take place digitally: our mission is to help people and businesses trust each other, even when they’ve never met face-to-face. Today, we work with global customers, including JustGiving, Revolut, BlaBlaCar and Couchsurfing to help them them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries.
But we’re just getting started! So far, we’ve been a pioneer in using deep learning to verify identity and reduce fraud. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products to drive trust, inclusion and safety in online business, collaboration and sharing.
We are looking for a Junior Legal Team Member to help us scale our legal efforts as we scale our business into new markets around the world. The mission of this person is to play a key part in the team, driving legal projects throughout Onfido and across our commercial and technology teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to dive into the London tech start-up scene and make your mark. Join Onfido’s quickly growing legal team and deliver top class legal service to a fast growing London regtech start-up.
You will be working with a highly trained and experienced team of lawyers in an environment that fosters individual training and growth.
As a Junior Legal Team Member, the role will involve the following:
- Project managing legal initiatives
- Managing contracts, including responding to contractual queries and providing ongoing legal support
- Researching and reporting on trends in the law and new regulatory developments
- Assisting with Onfido’s international expansion program
- Supporting Onfido’s privacy program and driving privacy initiatives
- Creating and delivering training programmes
- Supporting our growth team and negotiating contracts
- Providing ad hoc legal support to product development
- Setting up effective processes and procedures, for example, creating and maintaining a legal repository to help us to track and record contractual obligations
- Drafting internal policies
- Assisting in the managing of trademark, domain, and patent portfolios
- Participating in public policy projects and contributing to thought papers
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business including marketing, people/HR, and information security teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong command of the English language
- Experience designing and leading projects
- Experience working in a sophisticated legal team
- Excellent academics
- Curious by nature and willing to learn
- Proven interest in technology
- Interest in start-up culture & being involved with a dynamic team
Nice to haves:
- Qualified lawyer (UK or abroad)
- Law degree
- Proficient in at least one foreign language (written and spoken)
- Previous work experience at a technology start up
Values and behaviours:
- Customer-centricity - You think about the customers problem and how to delight them by providing appropriate solutions
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that may not be core to your own role
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackles problems of a relatively diverse nature in own area and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions
- Succeed Together - You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
Were committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
If youre interested, check out our Top 11 reasons to join Onfido and get in touch to apply!
If you have any questions or queries about this or any other role, please email email@example.com