WeSwap is the people’s currency exchange! We offer a peer to peer travel money platform enabling travellers to swap currencies directly with each other – avoiding banks and corporates, which allows us to offer the best rates on travel money. We want our customers to ‘stress less and travel happy’ hence our mission is to help travellers everywhere swap and manage their currency in the cheapest, fairest, and most transparent way possible. We currently have around 300,000 users and have swapped £100 million since the start of our journey. WeSwap’s iOS and Android apps help customers to budget for their holidays and spend their travel money across the world from Australia to the USA. If you are looking for the rare opportunity to be part of an exciting fast paced, high growth tech company then read on!
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of a Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired.
As a junior UX designer, you will have an eye for detail, a passion for user experience and an eagerness to hone your skills. You will be working closely with our senior UX designer.
- Define customer journey and user flows with relevant stakeholders through workshop
- Design sketches and wireframes (using the software of your choice)
- Create rapid prototypes (using the software of your choice)
- Write user interviews and user testing scripts
- Participate to user interviews and user testing sessions
- Identify bottlenecks and room for improvement on WeSwap app and website
- Run A/B tests based on hypothesis defined with the conversion team
- Bachelor level in interface design or related.
- 1-year experience as UX designer
Over and above what you need to know, you will need to show:
- Logical approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail
- A current portfolio demonstrating a user-centred design (UCD) approach and strong problem-solving skills.
- An interest in user testing
- Experience working in mobile experience design (native apps, responsive web design, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge about lean start-up would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of, or an interest in travel
- A love for the start-up scene. Being based in London there’s always something going on.
- You love tech and can’t rest until you’ve got the latest and greatest
- Constantly striving to be ahead of the curve
- Ability to work in an agile environment, manage multiple priorities and adapt to change in priorities
Resources available to you
- Work environment that allows you to have an immediately visible impact whilst improving your skills into new areas
- Training as required
- Ride to work scheme
- Life assurance (4x salary per life)
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays!
- Child care vouchers
- Hackathons & meetups
- Monthly socials
- Friday afternoon drinks in the office
- Season ticket loan
- Commission free currency exchange
Location: Kentish Town – London
Job Type: Full-time