At LabGenius, we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using artificial intelligence. We have exciting growth plans for the next 18 months and are currently looking for a hands-on Lab Technician to join us for this next phase.
As our Lab Technician, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our fantastic Lab Manager and our super-friendly and talented team, whilst expanding a lab-based career. In a nutshell, you’ll get to learn valuable techniques from smart people who love their work!
Your role as Lab Technician will be a critical one. You’ll be supporting our scientists to conduct ground-breaking work and keep our in-house wet lab in tip-top condition. As a self-motivated and organised individual, you’ll have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on excellent time management.
If you’ve recently graduated, and you’re considering doing a Masters in the future, this role is perfect for you. From being involved with lab expansion plans and supporting various teams, to providing intellectual input, you will gain valuable lab experience in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same!
What you’ll do in this role:
- Support scientists (70% of your time): Preparation of growth media, buffers, cell culture, running automated workflows on robots and other duties.
- Lab housekeeping (20% of your time): Recycling, autoclaving/disposing waste, cleaning/autoclaving glassware, etc. to keep the lab looking sharp for scientists and for visitors.
- Support Lab Manager (10% of your time): Maintenance of lab equipment and admin support when required. For instance, running monthly maintenance washes for the MiSeq. It is vital to keep lab equipment in great shape to avoid down-time and ensure experiments run smoothly.
What we’re looking for from you.
- You’ll have good communication and time management skills. Successful communication and timing is critical for any experiment taking place in the lab.
- You’ll have completed a lab-based project outside of your course, possibly at an internship. Real hands-on experience in this environment is critical.
- You’ll have experience of making buffers, media, and other solutions. Knowledge of basic lab practices and lab safety. We will provide an induction and training but you need to know the basics.
- You are enthusiastic, with a positive attitude. We’re a friendly bunch who enjoy spending time together.
- You are a fast learner and able to adapt easily. We’re a startup so a flexible approach is essential.
- You’ll be a collaborative team player. You’ll be interacting with people from most areas of the company on a regular basis.
- You get a thrill from improving processes and procedures to increase efficiency (we do too).
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, youll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please make sure you include a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm for this role, and for LabGenius work.