Do you want to help lead the development of full stack web and mobile applications that will help change the face of healthcare, empower what will be the largest workforce in the United States by 2020, and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Are you bored of working on technologies that just help others consume more, better, faster?
An entire generation of elderly, our parents and grandparents, are at risk of institutionalization in their later years because no one has found a way to safely and cost-effectively keep them at home. At Hometeam, we’re focused on changing all that. Through the use of innovative technology, we are educating and empowering home health aids who in turn provide real-time observations that enable insights to empower Hometeam and our healthcare partners to improve health outcomes.
As a core member of Hometeam’s technology organization, you will be responsible for driving product architecture, product and feature delivery, and quality.
We’re looking for someone who has the proven ability to accomplish this with both direct hands-on ownership as well as leadership. A relentless commitment to revolutionizing healthcare and excitement to take on new challenges is a must. We want someone with the talent, creativity and leadership to continue pushing the boundaries of deeply personal and empathetic engagement.
A Day in the Life
- Work with product management and stakeholders to ensure clarity of mission and of requirements.
- Lead architectural design and technical decision making
- Manage and improve reliability, stability, and scalability of the supporting systems
- Report on progress, obstacles, and technical risks to management and business stakeholders
- Ensure that you and your team have the backlog necessary to ensure rapid delivery of user stories.
- Support and mentor team members who are blocked, code review and comment to ensure that consistent and consistently high quality code is the result of development efforts.
- Breakdown work into manageable components, consistently delivering incremental value
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a company.
- Data driven decision maker with strong organization and analytical capabilities.
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, and leader.
- Highly communicative, self-starting individual who maintains a fail fast entrepreneurial spirit.
- Innovative and pragmatic when tackling new problems.
- Excited about continuous improvement and driving process improvement into technology
- Push for progress over process that places trust at the center in how you work in a fast-moving, agile development environment.
What will you need to accomplish to be successful in this role?
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has a good deal of experience with SaaS applications:
- 5+ years of combined software/application development experience
- Proven success in leading a time through all phases of the development life cycle
- Must have Java programming experience along with at least one other language
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Have an opinion about what software and tools we use, and work directly with the CTO and lead engineers on technology roadmap planning
- Experience with relational database systems that use SQL
- Experience with unix, shell scripting, AWS, DevOps, and web services
- Bonus for experience in Big Data and/or Machine Learning systems (Apache Spark, Hadoop) a plus
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to clarify application requirements via phone/email/hangout with business partners in addition to relying on technical requirements documentation
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web / mobile applications products
- Domain expertise in application lifecycle management, continuous delivery, launch/deployment, DevOps, application development, web application operations, PaaS, cloud services.
- Successful startup experience and / or scaling a business is strongly desired.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related technical or scientific field