FiveAI is a European leader developing software for autonomous vehicles.
We’re a fast-growing team across six offices unified by our goal to use the power of autonomy to transform Europe’s cities.
For everyone. We’re solving interesting and challenging problems to service millions of people daily.
With experienced founders, world-class scientists and professor supervision, our team is accelerating advanced research learning and applying in the real world.
We’re looking for a driven Lead Technician and Workshop Manager to join our Vehicle Platforms team. You’ll join our diverse fast-growing team, and because the vehicle platform is where the code hits the road, have interactions with a range of backgrounds in AI, robotics, machine learning, computer vision, platform development, testing and verification across six sites.
About the role
The Vehicle Platforms team deliver our roadmap of vehicle platform updates that ensure continuous improvement of our R&D fleet, get us to suitable services launch vehicles and beyond. We manage the integration of our AV hardware and sensors with series production vehicles for verification testing of our autonomous driving system. This is a real chance to be integral in the development of the self-driving future.
- Lead responsibility for all aspects of activity for new autonomous vehicle builds, as well as all of the existing fleets modifications, repairs and regular maintenance.
- Work closely with our sensors team to deliver calibration updates for our autonomous vehicle fleet.
- Coordinate and own vehicle readiness by working closely with our software testing, field operations and domain analysis teams.
- Schedule, organise and personally lead vehicle assembly.
- Lead hands-on with modifications and upgrades of our autonomous vehicle fleet.
- Define and manage vehicle reliability targets, operating procedures and process.
- Preparation of supporting documentation including manuals and bulletins.
- Own the quality and reliability of our vehicle platforms fleet.
- Support the various demands of our software development, vehicle test and field ops teams.
- Youll show strong leadership flexibility as a team player and individual contributor. Able to build good relationships at all levels, whilst keeping a cool head in times of pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communications and listening skills. An engaged mind, open to new problems outside your comfort zone.
- A creative & thoughtful approach to solving complex and simple problems with excellent attention to detail.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the automotive, professional motorsport, robotics or related industry.
- ADAS calibration or motorsport development or vehicle testing experience a distinct advantage.
- Well organised and focused on delivery with a track record of timely delivery in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills through all mediums, with the ability to organise project reviews and deliver concise explanations of issue resolution and specification changes.
- Youll show strong problem-solving and communication skills, working with a variety of individuals with integrity, discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the company.
- Experienced in fault finding and reporting. A strong problem solver with an analytical mindset, open to suggestions from others, able to hone in on root causes.
- You will possess an excellent eye for detail and conviction to follow through.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Join one of the most exciting, high profile startups in the UK working on bring the self-driving transport to everyone.
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies.
- Enjoy helping grow a well-funded startup and be a part of a smart, low ego and multinational team.
- Grow with us constantly as we scale.
- Take responsibility from the first day and manage projects that will have a significant impact on FiveAIs and your success.
- Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options.
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.