Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a 5-minute application process and decisions in hours.
Since 2012, weve lent over £250 million to 12,000+ businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown to a fun and vibrant team.
However, we’re still small – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal. Get in touch if you think you might be the right person for our team.
At iwoca, we’re passionate about helping people to develop their skills. So we’re looking for someone to take the lead in identifying, developing and also delivering great learning and development opportunities, which help our team to grow and build valuable skills. You would design and build a really impactful L&D programme that people at iwoca will love, and that other companies will look to for inspiration.
You would do the following:-
- Determine what learning and development opportunities would benefit various groups at iwoca that would enable them to enhance their skills and do their jobs really well (e.g. managers, teams, roles, etc.), as well as what training is required for compliance purposes
- Determine how to best provide learning and development in ways that are impactful and cost effective (e.g. training in-house or via external partners / online / one-to-one coaching / self-serve vs classroom. etc.)
- Develop materials for running training courses where such an approach makes sense
- Deliver certain training courses, or coach others internally to deliver training
- Develop and manage a learning & development training calendar / resource library, that people at iwoca really value and which meets their training needs
- Manage an overall training budget for people at iwoca, and determine a process for assessing training requests so that spend is fairly allocated to achieve maximum positive impact
- Determine ways to measure the impact of training that is received by people at iwoca
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and identify what could work well at iwoca - we love working with other innovators!
The Learning and Development Champion will be part of the People Operations team, and will report directly to the Head of People.
- Passionate about helping people to develop and grow
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to design, develop and roll-out training yourself - a hands-on approach is essential
- Keen to work in a fast paced startup environment (experience of such an environment is an advantage)
- Looking to personally grow in the role - your energy and passion for L&D is more important than the number of years you have been doing such work already
- Skilled in design, production and delivery of training that meet the needs of a specific organisation
- Able to effectively negotiate with and manage third party suppliers to deliver training
- Familiar with (or exceptionally keen to learn about) new delivery methodologies, including technology enabled learning
- Great planning and organisation skills - able to plan, prioritise, and be nimble to respond to new learning requirements
- Evidence of developing strong and effective working relationships both internally across teams / levels, and with external providers
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and training delivery skills - someone who can really engage people when they present to a group, and lead classroom training in a way that makes learning fun
- A strong understanding of the training design cycle with evidence of a highly structured and consistent approach to end to end training delivery from concept to delivery and evaluation
- Excellent communicator - clear, concise, avoids jargon
- European languages are desirable - particularly German and Polish
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here. We also have the following to all our employees:
In addition to a competitive financial package, we also provide the following:
- Pool, Foosball and Ping Pong tables (and regular tournaments!)
- Whether its in a hammock or on a sofa or bean bag, there is plenty of space to chill out
- Plenty of drinks and snacks, healthy and unhealthy
- Subsidised gym membership (to work off the unhealthy snacks) and restaurant discounts in Oxford Circus
- Cycle to work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running, cycling and climbing
- A super smart team of really nice people
- Company work retreats to great destinations, such as the French Alps for some January skiing, or the Balearic Islands for some late summer sun
- 25 days holiday a year plus a day off for your birthday - we want you fresh and fully charged