WhiteHat is a tech startup founded to address the lack of high-quality, career-focused apprenticeships on offer for ambitious young people and to provide employers with the means to attract the best non-graduate talent. Our mission is to accelerate incredible careers and develop a diverse group of future leaders. We are offering a genuine alternative to the university experience for the digital age.
As the Learning and Progress Executive, you will be responsible for embedding an approach to continuous improvement across all areas of apprenticeship delivery, ensuring that we are not just box-ticking in our quality approach but driving outstanding learning outcomes.
- You will support with observing sessions and developing the practice of our coaches. Implementing an incremental improvement model, you will ensure that coaches receive regular feedback on their delivery practice and are signposted to resources that will help them understand best practice pedagogy (both within the apprenticeships sector and beyond)
- You will complete regular reviews of apprentice progress data, and identify trends and patterns to determine where interventions are required. You will help to plan and deliver additional support to address knowledge gaps and exam technique, gaps in skill development, and issues with apprentice wellbeing
- You will proactively communicate teaching and delivery standards to coaches to ensure they are clear on how to meet them. You will develop processes and resources to support with standardisation of assessment
- You will be a role model for maintaining a positive culture that embeds WhiteHats values and ensures all staff perform to a high standard
- You will challenge practice that is not up to WhiteHat standards, in a timely and solution-focussed manner, and initiative training and development where appropriate
The role has the following key objectives:
- Managing the coach development system to ensure that delivery practice is of a consistently high standard and WhiteHat coaches are equipped with the best tools to support them in their roles (both teaching content and individual coaching)
- Identifying issues and planning interventions that will ensure WhiteHat apprentices are in the best position possible to achieve Distinction grades in their end point assessment
- Developing and implementing systems to ensure that assessment outcomes are moderated and standardised
- Ensure these processes are followed rigorously, with an excellent attention to detail
- Ensure WhiteHat is considered Outstanding by Ofsted by focussing relentlessly on all areas of delivery
- You are passionate about promoting social mobility through education
- You have experience of managing in an educational context
- You have a way with people at all levels, from senior stakeholders to people at the start of their career. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about helping to deliver the best learning opportunities and supporting the development of those around you.
- You are able to use Learner Management Systems to dynamically record and track learning outcomes.
- You have a proven track record in achieving outcomes and demonstrating success.
- You ideally have practical teaching or coaching experience.
- We are all owners: we think about the impact of our actions on the team, the company and on our external perception
- Good people win: we believe that respect flows both ways; we are approachable, warm and responsive
- We put others first: we go above and beyond to create an exceptional service and experience for our users
- We believe in social mobility: your background should never define your destination
- We are changemakers: we are working to create impact at scale
- Integrity is paramount: we put our apprentices success first
- We are honest but kind: direct feedback delivered with kindness helps others realise their full potential
- We are mission & results driven: we pursue excellence in everything we do and we energise and inspire others through the standards we set
Our social mission is at the heart of our business so if doing good is as important as building a commercial business to you, you will find WhiteHat incredibly rewarding. In addition we offer:
- Competitive salary and a generous bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Perkbox benefits
- Equity Options