We are an edtech company that deals with FERPA, COPPA and GDPR regulations on a day to day basis; more than 20M users all around the world have relied on us so far, including children aged under 13.
We are currently looking for a part-time Legal profile to provide assistance in corporate and data protection matters. You must develop yourself as an in-house legal specialist, making sure that the company complies with the applicable legislations, and at the same time, assist in the sales cycle. If you are looking for a meaningful legal role on a small team you will feel at home with us.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Review and draft of all kind of privacy agreements with schools, districts and governments, within both USA and EU frameworks.
- Assist the Product Manager and Chief Security Officers on security and privacy matters.
- Assist the Customer Support team regarding privacy and legal concerns.
- Research on other applicable regulations (accessibility, anti-spam, etc.) to the sector of the company, worldwide.
- Become a tech-savvy legal specialist to properly perform all the above.
- Graduated, or about to graduate, with a Law Degree.
- Excellent English, must be familiar with American legal jargon.
- Outstanding ability to communicate, regardless of audience.
- Eager to promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture.
- Willing to work within a techy startup environment.
The following attributes, while not required, would be valuable to the team:
- Graduated with or currently studying a Master in Data Protection.
- Deep knowledge in FERPA, COPPA and GDPR regulations.
- Competitive salary
- Be a key player in the exponential growth of Edpuzzle
- Great team of driven people with different skill sets
- Brand new Macbook Pro and double monitor setup
- Brand new office in Barcelona
- Possibility to travel to our offices in San Francisco (United States) from time to time
- Team building events
- Snacks and coffee