At Donut, were democratising access to digital assets 🍩
We believe that in 10 years from now, people will have the majority of their wealth stored in digital assets. That could be anything from crypto currencies over fractional ownership of art to owning a piece of land in virtual reality.
Our mission is to empower everyone to become an investor in that future.
Interested in building the future of investing together with us? 👩🚀
Were a fast growing, ambitious start-up based in the heart of Berlin and just raised a $1.8M Seed round.
If you believe in a future where everyone has access to digital investing and would like to join the friendliest team in Fintech, then we would love to speak to you.
What youll work on 👩⚖️
- Guidance on banking regulations and their associated impact of Donuts operations in Europe and the US
- Drafting and reviewing documentation (T&Cs) and contracts
- Building relationships with Outside Counsel to ensure the highest quality advice is being provided
- Assessing legal risks arising from new products and services, and reviewing policies to mitigate risk
- Managing investor relationships on a legal level
Who you are👇
- 2-4 years of legal experience working at a major law firm (or equivalent in-house experience)
- Worked in either Banking or M&A/Private Equity and shown an ability to manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders (including relevant authorities)
- An understanding and interest in Technology and Product
- Curiosity driven mindset, wanting to work on navigating some of the exciting challenges of blockchain and securities law
- Licensed to practice
- Excellent academic record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer 💸
- The opportunity to work in a highly autonomous environment
- A chance to join the team as an early employee and craft the blueprint for legal at Donut.
- The tools you need to do your best work: your choice of laptop, productivity software (were loving Notion at the moment) and desk set-up.
- An inclusive, transparent, friendly and fun working environment. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest team in FinTech. Were a flat hierarchy where everyones opinion counts and ultimately the best idea wins.
- Competitive salary and equity - as an early employee well reward you for driving our product forward.
- Weekly social drinks
- Sushi Fridays 🍣
- Free tea, coffee and Club Mate
- Unlimited (vegan) Donuts
How we hire 🤝
- Apply to this very job post.
- Quick telephone chat with Neel our CEO
- Work on a short legal case study challenge (own time)
- On-site interview with Neel and Julian, our CMO, where you can walk through your legal case study challenge
- Final interview with Jordan and Dan, our CTO and CPO