Lexoo is one of Europe’s leading legal technology companies. We are revolutionising the legal market by helping enterprise businesses quickly connect with our global network of world-class lawyers.
Our clients include exciting, and disruptive brands like Monzo, JustEat, ASOS, Foot Locker, Vice Media, and more. We’re based in a warehouse loft overlooking the Thames, including a rooftop terrace and fireplace.
We are VC-backed and growing fast, and we’ve ranked in the Top 100 startups for 3 years running. Having raised a Series A investment round in September, we are scaling up across the company to reach more amazing clients.
This position offers a unique chance to work at a place where people truly care about changing the legal market from both a tech and operations angle.
About the role
As legal operations manager, you’ll be a member of the senior team and wear a variety of hats. You’ll be reporting directly to our CEO and will work across the business on:
Legal Project Management
- Setting up and running an in-house legal project management function
- Assist with training Lexoo’s lawyers on best practices
- Joining our business development team for meetings with General Counsel
- Help the business development team to map out key areas of growth / untapped opportunities
- Be one of the ‘faces of Lexoo’ at conferences and events
- advise our product/dev team on prioritising and defining future features
- Help shape strategy and risk mitigation when it comes to our ‘big bets’ or changes to our model
- Help navigate the legal framework for the transition of Lexoo being responsible for more of the work (without being liable for the work)
- Assisting with expansion planning into new markets
The ideal profile
- Is excited about working in a high growth startup where you can go “all in” and really feel ownership for what you’re doing
- Gets itchy if you don’t see tangible results from your work and you’ll keep pushing until you do
- Is deeply curious about your work and how to become world class at it
- Is kind hearted – as a team we have many things we want to get better at, but one thing we’ve done really well is create a welcoming work culture where everyone can truly be themselves and have fun while we work.
- 8+ years experience in the legal industry, preferably as a legal ops manager, in-house lawyer or working at another Alternative Legal Service Provider
- Experience in a fast-paced environment where you’ve needed to be a self-starter
The chance to join a growing company at a very exciting stage. The need for our product is validated and we have built a great team around product, operations, and sales. You have the opportunity to really make a difference and help shape our future. This is not a typical company and not a typical job, it might be exactly what you’re looking for!
We offer a variety of benefits and perks to empower you to do your best work, and to invest in your professional development and well-being.
- Top notch coffee
- Plenty of snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Friday team drinks
- Monthly in-office massage
- Monthly personal development budget to spend on online courses or events
- We’ll provide you with a Macbook
- If there are work-relevant books you want to read, we’ll buy it for you and then add to the Lexoo Library
- Regular team socials and activities
- Pension scheme
- Annual offsite trip
- Stock options after 6 - 12 months
- Flexible work environment (work from home Wednesdays etc)