At iwoca, we are reinventing business finance: our mission is to help small businesses grow by offering them fast, flexible access to finance. Traditionally, banks have neglected Europe’s 20M+ SMEs because their processes were too slow, rigid and costly to serve them effectively. By using cutting-edge technology and harnessing more data, iwoca is developing new ways to provide fast and flexible access to credit and enabling our customers to flourish.
Since our launch in 2012 weve lent over £250m to 12,000 SMEs across Europe, from “one man bands” to multi-million pound businesses. Along the way we have built a leading technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun and vibrant team. Over the next decade we aim to provide financing to 1 million small businesses.
Joining our German marketing team, you will work closely with the broader marketing team, country manager and senior management. This is a role at the crossroads of business development, sales and marketing, providing really broad exposure as well as a great opportunity to hone various skills in parallel. Amongst others, your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing new opportunities through outbound cold calls and inbound partner lead follow-up
- Research, negotiate and implement new market / development opportunities (e.g. building and managing relationships with partners (tax advisors, consultants, brokers))
- Work on marketing-related documents and provide input on how to improve the existing material
- Provide input on creative direction and strategy
- Develop new strategies and exploit new opportunities to maintain iwoca’s exponential growth
- Carry out data analysis and reporting
- Keep up to date with industry developments and competitor activities
You will need to be:
- Approachable: you’ll be in charge of the broker channel and should be versed in customer service. Identifying and building relationships with potential partners will be one of your major tasks.
- Eloquent: You’ll need to be a fluent German and English speaker. In a lot of situations, you’ll be the first contact and the voice of iwoca, so you should be self-confident and good at picking up the phone and not be afraid of cold-calling potential leads
- Switched on: we’re looking for a fast learner from a top uni. Ideally you’ll have some experience in a B2B marketing related field, a startup or other relevant internships
- Data-driven: as a fintech company, we base all our decisions on data gathered through every channel. You should be able to analyze it and communicate its results effectively
- Creative: our marketing is all about combining creativity with a data-driven approach. You should have lots of ideas and be passionate about working in a startup.
- Reliable: you need to be able to work independently and have an organised, methodical approach.
You’ll join a growing team of smart, humble and motivated people, all passionate about learning and developing themselves and united in their passion to grow an amazing business that revolutionises business finance.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus)
- Pool, Ping Pong and foosball tables, and yoga in the morning
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Various sports teams including football, running and climbing
- Winter and summer retreats for you to work from