We’re the UK’s leading online marketplace connecting homeowners with over 50,000 local tradespeople nationwide. Our goal is to take the stress out of home improvements for both homeowners and tradespeople positioning.
Since our launch in 2005, we’ve seen more than 4 million home improvement jobs posted by homeowners and have accumulated more than 1,000,000 tradespeople reviews.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and believe working with us should be easy. One of the teams that makes this happen is our Marketing team.
We are searching for a Head of Growth and Marketing to contribute their passion and expertise to a vibrant and ambitious team. This leader will oversee a full spectrum marketing team while creating and executing the overall strategic marketing plan. You will join the senior management team and help guide the direction of the company.
Our entrepreneurial approach suits dynamic people who excel in a fast paced, start-up environment and love fresh challenges. Innovation and disrupting the status quo is at the heart of what we do -- each of us has something unique to offer and our combined diversity makes us special.
Our company culture, includes weekly demo days, Thirsty Thursdays, talks on industry and wellness, learning and social events, a lovely garden space overlooking London, in-office massage and many other office activities. There are lots of opportunities to get involved.
In this role, you will be
- Leading the marketing team of 12; overseeing the multi-million-pound budget and external marketing service providers
- Driving focused digital content and CRM marketing plan to build our brand recognition and achieve our key KPIs and revenue targets
- Refining and implementing the marketing tactics with specific focus on driving tradesperson membership growth; homeowner job posts, brand awareness; and homeowner and tradesperson engagement
- Designing and implementing integrated above-the-line and digital marketing strategies and campaigns, working with various media companies and with our partner Channel 4
- Driving performance marketing via PPC, SEO, affiliate, display, social and new innovations in growth and performance marketing
- Driving our agenda for trade apprenticeships, government policy related to trades labour, and the sharing economy, and best practices including green approaches
- Working with development and product teams to integrate marketing needs
- Engaging in business development activities with potential affiliate and distributionmarketing partners
- Increasing growth in household brand recognition
- Growing company coverage with press, social, video, social service, and other campaigns
- Playing a key role in shaping overall company strategy
- Reporting directly to CEO, and relating directly to the Board of Directors
- At least 10 years of experience in consumer digital marketing, as well as strategic company development at a leading internet company
- Entrepreneurial experience at a similar stage company
- Experience executing and driving multi-pronged marketing campaigns, including performance marketing, social marketing, brand marketing, above-the-line marketing, public relations, direct marketing, affiliate partnerships, and marketing partnerships
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritise programs based on commercial impact. Excellent communication skills, public speaking, clear writing skills, and the initiative to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in coaching a team to learn and grow their digital and content marketing craft
- Top analytical skills and ability to drive based on data
- Experience working in e-commerce, service marketplaces, on demand services, shared economy or similar category preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in a tight-knit senior leadership team that supports each other and collaborates closely to deliver excellent results while curating a great company culture. We are looking for a leader with functional experience combined with a humble curiosity to learn and grow as an individual and as part of a team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity: We are the market leader in UK and opportunity for scale and ownership and progression is strong
- Top tech & technologists: Work with a committed team to turn vision into reality
- Mature agile processes: Combining the best of Scrum, XP and Kanban, we believe in iterative problem solving and fast feedback
- Personal growth: We’re a small team of smart people who challenge each other to be better each day
- Great company culture from our demo days to collaboration around the business and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff
- Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices between Waterloo and Blackfriars; amazing views over central London, with bike racks (and shower), for easy commuting, and lots of great food/drink options nearby
RATED PEOPLE BENEFITS:
Our bright, open plan office has spectacular views over central London and offers an environment perfect for creativity, fun and sharing ideas. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions - 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard