Virgin Sports Marketing Manager is the right hand to our Head of Marketing and a key liaison between the marketing, business development and operations function of the business. Theyre a dynamic personality with exceptional attention to detail, that thrives in a fast-paced event world.
- Oversee marketing campaign planning and execution, including liaising with affiliates and marketing partners in order to deliver core campaign requirements.
- Develop key marketing campaign and announcement messaging with Head of Marketing, seeking strategic advice from agencies and finalizing core marketing messaging for publishing across multiple marketing channels. Responsible for seeking approvals from Virgin Sport senior team where necessary.
- Create marketing reports which analyse campaign performance, and provide recommendations for next steps, performance improvement and revenue growth.
- Work with external vendors including (but not limited to) a freelance PR team, ad agency, and a designer.
- Work closely with the Virgin Sport Head of Marketing and paid ad agency to ensure advertising plans are executed on time and in line with agreed strategy and budget.
- Work closely with the Virgin Sport Head of Marketing and PR agency to draft press releases, and source information required for press distribution to secure target media coverage.
- Assist with management of the marketing budget and oversee the processing of marketing invoices
- Collaborate with other internal teams such as customer service, experience, and operations to ensure marketing tasks are completed on time
- Understand the market for each event through market analysis, customer profiling, press coverage monitoring and competitor awareness. Assist with in-house data analysis, insight reporting, and market research of events and competitors, press contacts, awards, etc.
- Seek out new ventures and relationships with regional partners. Research new advertising opportunities. Monitor marketing and advertising practices within the industry and adapt to changes.
- Weekly marketing activity overview, event press coverage and upcoming marketing deadline reports to be sent to Head of Marketing and relevant Virgin Sport event stakeholders
- Work on-site at our events to ensure all marketing activities are executed as planned, and marketing contract requirements delivered for all partners at the event.
- Excellent communication: internally and externally
- Curiosity: questioning the status quo and seeking improvement
- Drive: hard-working, with a constant desire to learn and grow
- Attention to detail: desire to sweat the small stuff
- Analytical aptitude: ability to track, change and improve results
- Willingness to work event weekends
- Experience working in a start-up and ability to adapt within a fast-paced event environment
- Experience with digital marketing tools, project management, and content management systems, Google Analytics and Drupal
- Experience in managing paid advertising campaigns, and/or and agency
- Extensive experience in a marketing role
- A passion for health and fitness is a plus!
- Competitive salary
- Pension matching
- 25 days annual leave
- Private insurance
Posting Date: 28 August 2019
Closing Date: 20 September 2019