We are London’s leading film and TV locations agency. Location Collective is an energetic and creative company with a start-up feel and a fun, open, collaborative culture. We are expanding fast during a period in which movie and TV filming in London is growing rapidly.
This role is an opportunity to be part of an exciting industry in very exciting times and to help grow our already extensive range of highly filmic London locations, as well as playing a major role in ensuring Location Collective is the ‘go to’ locations agency for all film production professionals who work in locations. It’s a chance for an ambitious, self-starting individual to set up and fully own a new function within our team, with the potential to have a hugely positive impact on the business.
This is a great time to join us. We are in the process of re-inventing ourselves for the next generation of industry professionals. We have recently developed a new company mission and engaged an award-winning, best in class digital agency to redesign our logo, create a new brand identity and brand guidelines, and build us a new website. This should all be delivered early in the new year, and so it’s a great time for a dedicated Member Manager to step in and maximise the impact of the all-new Location Collective!
About the Role
Location Collective currently has around 150 members. These are film industry professionals who specialise in film locations work, mostly Location Managers and Location Scouts. As a member of Location Collective, these individuals are all incentivised to refer exciting new locations they find in the course of their work to Location Collective for exclusive filming representation. Location professionals are rewarded for bringing us great new locations, with 25% of the commission we make from hiring a location referred by an industry professional going directly to them, in perpetuity.
Collective members enjoy other benefits, including access to industry job ads, waiving of fees when hiring locations through us, and an annual dividend payable at Christmas.
The idea of bringing industry professionals into the agency in this way was revolutionary when we first started in 2006, and it is the reason why we were named The Collective. When the agency was in its early days, a huge amount of time and energy was pointed towards growing membership and ensuring that industry professionals felt well cared for by the agency. In more recent years, as more and more focus has gone towards developing our portfolio and growing relationships with building owners, Collective membership has dropped down the priority list. Many young industry professionals don’t even know that Location Collective membership exists.
We are very keen to put industry professionals front and centre of what we do once again, and this is why we are looking for someone to be our Member Manager going forwards. Our Member Manager will be our eyes and ears onto the world of locations professionals in the industry. They will meet regularly with industry professionals, devise strategies to better engage with the industry, manage our member communications and member benefits, and be responsible for hitting quarterly membership and member referral KPIs.
The Role in Detail
As Location Collective’s Member Manager, you will:
Maintain a regular dialogue with industry locations professionals, arranging off site meetings, staying in regular phone and email contact, gathering feedback on our service and developments within the industry as a whole, and reporting back to the agency’s Leadership Team.
Devise strategies for improved member incentives and member engagement based on up to date knowledge of a fast-paced, ever-changing industry.
Work in close collaboration with Location Collective’s Marketing Manager to ensure seamless and fully integrated industry communication strategies.
Account manage any location referrals from members and ensure that members who have referred locations to us are kept up to date at all times about the progress of each referral, the terms on which we plan to engage the location owner, and the revenue we are generating from each member’s referred locations. Work in close partnership with the agency’s Acquisitions team who will be managing communication with the location owners in these cases.
Devise ways of communicating regularly with Location Collective members so that membership feels active and engaged (e.g. regular member newsletters, member open days for new locations we have recently listed).
Organise industry events and manage Location Collective’s engagement with existing industry events to ensure positive industry impact.
Manage our database of Location Collective members.
Industry intelligence: research and grow knowledge of the industry to help devise the most motivating member incentives.
Analysis of & reporting about membership strategies, and segmenting of members to monitor the nature and make-up of our membership pool.
Achieve quarterly targets to sign industry professionals up to Location Collective membership, grow the number of locations the industry refers to us, and ensure members come to us first when they are on a new production or have a new brief.
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
· A self-starting, can-do approach
· The desire to make a difference and be a proactive part of building something unprecedented in the industry
· Outstanding relationship building skills
· A demonstrable track record in member management, possibly at a member’s club or for a subscription-based service
· At least 3 years’ experience working in a marketing, PR, member management or subscriber management role
· Excitement about engaging and influencing the film and TV industry
· A proven talent for devising and executing effective member or subscriber strategies; spotting an opportunity and making it happen
· Skill in communicating across multiple internal departments and with multiple stakeholders
· A collaborative, supportive, team-oriented working approach
· Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Office and Google Docs suites
· Experience in the film or TV industry desirable but not essential
· A competitive salary
· 31 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays and Xmas break)
· The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, fast moving company
· An exciting office building in the heart of London (with celeb spotting potential)
· Lots of in-house company perks including Friday breakfast and Friday drinks
· Fun, supportive, passionate team and culture
· Opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge of an interesting and creative world
· Season Ticket Loan (Up to £5,000)
· Frequent social events