We are looking for a Mobile Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about our mission and is ready to take responsibility for the quality of products that can save peoples lives. Thanks to you, testing and quality assurance will be a joy for everybody! We are looking for a person who can help us take testing to the next level and is able to automate our processes to make sure we can move fast. The perfect match for this role should be motivated by working on medical-grade wearable devices.
You will be involved in:
- Helping us create a QA team and spreading the passion for quality
- Planning, designing, and implementing release and testing plans
- Expanding our test coverage and building better tools for test automation
- Defining integration tests and assessing the quality level of every new release of our apps
- Coaching developers on best practices to improve quality
- Documenting test cases and the test process
- Evaluating bug reports and reproducing reported issues
- Performing regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Reviewing software design and specifications focusing on testability, test automation and quality improvements
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it wont be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has more than 2 years of experience in automation testing tools for iOS and Android (knowledge of both platforms is a huge plus).
- Has worked with cloud based testing environments.
- Has good understanding on how to setup, improve and maintain Continuous Integration Environments, especially with Jenkins
- Has experience in writing, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, performance, load, UAT, security).
- (plus) Prior experience working on firmware testing and embedded devices
- Has experience in writing Test Scripts (i.e. Ruby, Python, Shell)
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, its something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...