My Car Check, the UK’s most popular consumer vehicle checking service, is part of CDL, one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses.
CDL has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, and has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web, telematics, connected home, data enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive.
600+ staff are based at our campus in Stockport, purpose built and boasting facilities such as a subsidised restaurant and games room, and our long history and privately owned status mean a strong sense of identity and community.
What you’ll do
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to develop the MCC product through the creation and management of the road map, overseeing the delivery of identified items, following agile principles, to ensure that the requirements of the stakeholders are met.
What are the key activities of this role?
- Be a passionate ambassador for the product demonstrating a deep understanding of customer and stakeholder needs as well as an expert marketplace awareness
- Inspire and support the software delivery team in their quest to delight customers through high value deliverables
- Maximise the value and ROI of the product and the work of the software delivery team
- As the Product Visionary, create and communicate a compelling vision and strategy that helps deliver on the vision, enabling software delivery teams to understand how their work enables the execution of the Product Strategy
- Own the product backlog, prioritising to maximise reward in the form of business value, managing stakeholder needs, uncertainty and risk
- Ensure that the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, understood by the software delivery team to the level needed and shows what the team will work on next
- Work with the development team to identify sprint content based on agile principles
- Forecast product roadmap and release projections, assess and communicate progress towards a goal or release.
- Propose ways to collect interpret and improve objective, verifiable evidence to measure the value delivered through product deliverables.
- Provide demonstrations of new ideas and features to stakeholders
What you’ll need
- You’ll be entrepreneurial in spirit and have excellent knowledge and experience in stakeholder involvement, customer engagement, servant leadership, situational awareness
- You’ll be a leader, motivator and team-player, ensuring that everyone involved in My Car Check is aware of the strategy, the key milestones and the part they play in it.
- You’ll have a recent track record in rapid delivery of ideas and innovations to market in an Agile / Lean Start-up environment
- You’ll have knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for effective product backlog management and product planning in an agile environment.
- You’ll have appreciation of self-organisation and experience in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- You’ll have continued and recent education in Product Ownership and Scrum through training, conferences, user groups, self-study
Key skills & experience
- Extensive experience of having operated in a similar role
- Experience of contributing to commercial product strategies and roadmaps in an agile environment with scrum framework
- Demonstrable communication skills at all levels internally and externally
- Proven ability to be able to negotiate with and influence key internal stakeholders and business partners
What we’ll offer you
Shuttle bus to and from the station
25 days holiday to start
Dress down policy
Tax free child care vouchers
Life and health assurance
Award nominated learning programmes
Opportunities for career progression