An exciting opportunity for an experienced office manager, operations executive or someone with 3-4 years administration experience. Were looking for an organisational whizz with a positive and solution orientation attitude, who doesn’t take themselves too seriously, but always acts professionally. We need someone who can take control of our HR, finance and operations in this mid-level role in our organisation and continue taking our operational processes and office to the next level.
You will be the key support to our Head of Operations and Finance Director. Your role is essential to the company’s workflow and growth and involves, but is not limited to, three main accountabilities. Firstly, Office Management, such as Finance, HR and IT (and designing your own Ops Bible and processes). Secondly, project management and developing solutions for our key business projects. And thirdly, championing team culture and a happy, collaborative working atmosphere. We arent looking for someone who does what theyre told, but someone who is eager to own their work, be accountable and grow quickly within the company.
You’ll manage everything to do with our office, how it works and how it looks – a real chance to refine your administration and leadership skills within an organisation. As we have a start-up mentality and are a small team, you’ll also be able to get involved in lots of other areas of the business, allowing you to develop a different skill set.
The first 6 months
- Working with the Head of Operations and Finance Director to streamline our financial processes in line with our new programmes, primarily developing an easy to manage and responsive cash flow system (possibly in Float and definitely using Xero).
- Working with our Marketing and Communications Manager to set and maintain best practices around data management and developing your own processes and best practices for the company to follow
- Developing an Office and Operations bible by designing, with tons of support, your own business processes that encourage automation, agile ways of working but with structures and digital brilliance
What you’ll need to succeed (this is what we’ll be looking for in your application)
- 3-4 plus years office/operations/administration experience in a small business or social enterprise
- Experience using Xero or other bookkeeping software and managing the sales and purchase invoice process
- Proficient in GSuite applications and relatively tech-savvy so that you can support the team and create best practices
- Organised, a big fan of structure and best practices whilst also being flexible and a bit agile (being a small business things can change here quickly!)
- Demonstrable experience in streamlining and championing business process to increase efficiency and team experience
Who you’ll be:
- Great to have around – you work well in a very small team, can build strong relationships and get people on board with your ideas.
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and solve problems independently
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
Knows have to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook
- You delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing it
- Confident in handling your own workload, but eager to work with others and seek support when needed
We love our team members and do all that we can to help them grow, develop and be inspired by their career at Arrival, do youll get;
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact and gain accountability from day one
- Subscription to CharlieHR Perks with fantastic deals, freebies and discounts
- 31 days holiday, including Bank Holidays plus we give you 4 extra days off a year to look after your well-being!
- Opportunity to coach one of our amazing young students, developing coaching and leadership skills
- We work in the brilliant co-working MindSpace offices where youll have access to free yoga, Sofar Sounds, happy hours, breakfast and other events
- Regular socials, team breakfasts and hangouts with a supportive and caring team
- Flexible working hours and home working
- £500 annual training budget per year to spend on your development and training