Hummingbird is the leading global remote sensing business for agriculture, using artificial intelligence and imagery analytics gathered from drones, planes and satellites technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology to enable precision agriculture. We use the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field meaning farmers on the ground are able to manage their land in a more sustainable manner.
We were recently awarded KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019 and Cognition X Best AI Product for Agriculture 2018.
Existing backers of the business include: The European Space Agency, Sir James Dyson, Horizon Ventures, Downing Ventures and Velcourt, Europe’s largest commercial farming operation. We also have tech partners which include Google UK and Cranfield University.
We operate internationally with offices in London, São Paulo, Sydney, Moscow and Lviv.
We are looking for an Office Assistant to organise and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Ultimately, the Office Assistant should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
Serve as the point person for office assistant duties including:
- Maintenance, mailing, supplies & equipment, bills, errands, shopping, scheduling meetings.
- Organise the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Organise office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide general support to visitors
- Assist in the on-boarding process for new hires
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conference
- ~1 year proven experience as an Office Assistant, Front Office Manager or Administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Google Suite or MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office equipment (e.g. computers, printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and Boomerang
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Previous experience in precision agriculture and/or strong knowledge in the agriculture business
- Passion for precision technology and its role in improving farming
- Bachelors degree is a plus but not a necessity
- The opportunity to work on an innovative product and shape the future of the agriculture industry
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Learning & development allowance