Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups.
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us make our goal a reality.
Your mission will be to help maintain our wonderful culture, support the team with administrative tasks and help maintain a fabulous office space. We are looking for an enthusiastic, thoughtful, proactive person who can think on their feet, is keen to support and delight the iwoca team, and for whom no task is too big or too small! Whether it’s ensuring the coffee machine is always full of beans, handling visitors and deliveries on reception, supporting our Exec team with travel bookings youll play an important role in helping to create a really wonderful office environment.
This is a part-time, flexible role, approximately 25 hours/ 3 days per week
Every day at the office is different! Here are just some of things you’ll do:
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors and manage our reception area.
- Book meeting rooms and calendar management
- Ensuring that we never run out of coffee beans (very, very important!), beer, and other snacks and drinks
- Receiving and sorting deliveries
- Supporting ad-hoc events, in the past we’ve organised company-wide events such as iwoca’s Christmas party, Summer sports’ day, charity bake-offs, and other fun stuff
- Listening to feedback and implementing great ideas for how to improve the office environment or team events
- Lending a hand to other People Ops team members and helping with other ad-hoc duties
- Building and maintaining working relationships with a variety of external contractors
Through all of these responsibilities, you’ll be able to really make a difference to the happiness of a hard-working and fun team.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are obsessed with learning. In order to succeed in this role you will ideally have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a “can-do” attitude
- A strong desire to help people and great stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Creativity. You’ll bring fresh ideas for how to make the office environment even better than it already is .
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
We think we are the best place to work in the world - here are just some of the reasons why:
- Our smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities.
- We pay competitively. Salaries are regularly benchmarked and reviewed.
- We rent a villa in Summer and a ski-chalet in Winter, so you can work remotely with other iwocans and enjoy being somewhere special together.
- Stock options and pension
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday. We also offer unpaid leave.
- Comprehensive medical insurance from Vitality, as well as a healthcare cash plan, discounted gym memberships and income protection insurance.
- We invest significant time and money to learning & development.
- Flexible working, enhanced parental leave and a workplace nursery tax benefit.
- You will have time to give back and support a charity of your choice, via paid volunteering time
- We take time away from the desk to have fun : play pool, sign up to our yoga classes or join one of our active clubs.
- We provide breakfast, drinks and snacks in our kitchen, which we regularly source from our small business customers