About the role
We are seeking an Operations Analyst (Payments focus) to work with and directly report to the Operations Manager for Payments & Customer Operations. You will be the only analyst with a focus on payments. Your responsibilities will include the reconciliation of transactions on our systems, handling ad-hoc payment requests, and reporting on various payment-related aspects. In addition, you will work closely with our Relationship Management team to facilitate payments for more complex deals, with Business Intelligence to improve our reporting and reconciliation suite, and with various senior stakeholders on other regular as well as ad-hoc reporting, reconciliation and monitoring activities.
You will develop a deep understanding of peer-to-peer lending and become the expert for our marketplace that matches lenders and borrowers. You will own payment reporting & monitoring processes and learn about regulatory requirements for start-ups in financial services. This role is a great opportunity for those who are keen to take over ownership of an area in fast-growing financial technology start up and are not afraid to get their hands dirty.
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed.
We operate a peer-to-peer platform that matches investors’ funds with ambitious businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft, but we want to be smoother, faster and more efficient!
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about taekwondo or opera, we want to hear from you. We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We’re only as strong as the sum of our parts, and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need, now and in the future, and going out of our way to beat expectations.
- Be the go-to-person for payment activities and behaviours for senior stakeholders from engineering, legal/compliance and commercial teams
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve incidents with our customers in mind
- Monitor and reconcile transactions, payment volumes and more across all our systems daily
- Establish & maintain regular reports for management and investors on loan operations activities as well as payment volume forecasts for external partners
- Work with our Operations Manager, Operations Director and the Product team to establish product requirements for payment and fraud monitoring going forward
- Create a reporting suite for auditing by third parties and for management purposes
- Support and/or manage projects to drive forward the automation of all monitoring and reconciliation work and product opportunities that have a direct impact on our customers
- Review and approve all outgoing payments
- Solid data analysis and Excel skills are absolutely essential (from conceptualisation to presentation; this will be tested prior to a face-to-face interview)
- Relevant experience in payment operations, auditing and/or equivalent is a must-have
- Work experience in a startup environment strongly preferred
- Experience working with BI tools, especially Looker, in no way required but would be appreciated
Competencies & traits
We expect you to be…
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Number driven – You love numbers and data. You really love numbers. Seriously. You actively seek data to validate your hypotheses.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
An attractive CV or highly relevant work experience alone aren’t the only indicators of the best role and culture fit. You should be able to see yourself in the above list of values and competencies. During the interview stages, you will be assessed against each of them to ensure this is definitely the role for you!
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000, depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns, a busy social calendar and more...
The role is based in our London office. We are located 5 minutes from Liverpool Street and 2 minutes from Aldgate tube station.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.