(Recent University Graduates Welcome)
Join the hottest startup from London in our brand new Bucharest office!
Drover is a London-based venture capital-backed marketplace startup offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
Our 130-strong team work out of our London and Lisbon offices and we have just opened a 3rd office for Drover in Bucharest. In this new office, we plan to build out an energetic, proactive team helping our customers make the most of Drover. If the idea of being one of the first Droverians in Bucharest and laying the foundations for what will become a 100-person office sounds exciting to you, keep reading!
At Drover, we service two types of customers:
- Professional Drivers (called PCO internally): we help drivers who make their living via platforms like Uber and Bolt (Taxify) access a vehicle licenced for use as a taxi by the relevant authorities
- Consumers (called B2C internally): we also service consumers who simply need a car for personal use
As an Operations Associate, you will own essential work streams that keep the wheels turning in our day-to-day operations for the benefit of both our PCO and B2C customers. Each member of our Operations team is responsible for one or more of the following processes:
- Arranging deliveries and collections: making sure our customers receive the vehicle they booked on time and in mint condition is an art when you’re dealing with dozens of new bookings every day!
- Arranging maintenance and servicing for cars in our fleet: our customers book cars on our platform for up to 2 years and it’s on us to ensure those cars are maintained and serviced as needed.
- Handling damages and expense requests: sh*t happens and when it does, we make sure damages are repaired quickly and at a fair cost to be borne by whoever is responsible
- Managing insurance claims: not even our customers can avoid the occasional accident - when that happens, we help all stakeholders through the process of claiming through insurance
If you are selected for a phone interview, our recruiter will explain all vacant roles in our Operations team and help route your application to whichever is the best fit for your skills, experience and preferences.
- Bachelors Degree from a well-known university in Romania
- A very high level of fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Talented communicator, extremely approachable and infectiously charismatic
- A high degree of empathy toward others - a love of people
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills – you’ll be managing a large volume of subscribers
- Ability to work in a high energy, ambiguous and fluid environment where you will be required to manage multiple priorities
- Can-do attitude with a bias for action
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon and we are so excited to get started in Bucharest. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- Competitive salary: from 3000 lei (net, monthly) for entry-level candidates
- An exciting, dynamic startup environment with real career progression opportunities - nothing like a BPO
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s most exciting companies (Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment
- 25 days’ holiday plus all public holidays
- Health Insurance
- Meal tickets, free snacks and breakfast every day, catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)