Were an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA, and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve peoples emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
Are you passionate, hard working, and eager to learn? Are you looking to find a job that you’re proud to tell your friends about? If so, we’re looking for superheroes who aren’t afraid to tackle any problem that comes their way to join our operations team.
The ideal candidate is motivated to work in a fast-paced startup and has a strong desire to grow and learn. As part of the OPS team, you will make sure that everything runs smoothly and eliminate any obstacles that might threaten the well-being of our company. You’re full of excitement and are not afraid to speak up when you see an improvement can be made.
Your contribution to the mission
You will be a part of the Operations Team. In this role, you will be involved in sales processes, B2B marketing activities, and process management. Beyond this, you’ll help us provide high quality service, and best of all, improve people’s lives. This role is perfect for fresh graduates who would like to try their skill-sets in different business areas. You’ll help where needed and soak in all the knowledge from the diverse teams you’ll be collaborating with. You will have a crash course in sales, finance, account management, logistics and communication.
- Work closely with the Junior Operations Manager, supporting various tasks and learning a lot by shadowing.
- Help the sales team with managing and maintaining the full sales process.
- Manage smaller account relationships and participate in product demonstrations.
- Help with B2B marketing initiatives and analytics.
- Eagerly help with whatever comes your way.
- Work independently with clear guidelines.
- Be challenged.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Is a very quick learner.
- Is a very quick learner (it’s not a typo).
- Must be very proactive and able to think on their feet.
- Must be pragmatic with an execution mindset.
- Is proficient in English (mother-tongue is highly appreciated).
- Has at least a Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related fields
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission.
- Is fun and easy to work with.
- Can work as a team member or by themselves.
- Is passionate about one of these topics: operations, sales, processes, marketing.
- The internship is well-paid and can lead to a full time position.
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston.
- Lunch - yes, being in Italy, its something you should care about!
- Free cookies, if you deserve them.
- Much more...