We are seeking a Payments Analyst to work with and directly report to the Operations Director, leading on and improving our payment monitoring efforts. As our Payments Analyst, you will be responsible for designing, improving and executing payment monitoring processes. You will, for example, work with our General Counsel to establish and improve fraud monitoring procedures, with our BI Analyst towards establishing an automated reporting suite, and with senior stakeholders on other regular as well as ad-hoc reporting, reconciliation and monitoring activities.
You will develop a deep understanding of how we work as a business, have ownership of payment reporting & monitoring processes, and learn about regulatory requirements for start-ups in financial services. This role is a great way to make your first step into a fast-growing and fast-paced financial technology company and offers development opportunities for the right candidates.
- Monitor and reconcile transactions, payment volumes and more across all our systems daily
- Be the go-to-person for payment activities and behaviours for senior stakeholders from engineering, legal/compliance and commercial teams
- Be the incident manager for payment related incidents
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve incidents with our customers in mind
- Project manage interdisciplinary teams when implementing solutions without having line management responsibilities
- Constantly communicating impact on customers and resolution timelines to senior management
- Produce weekly transaction activity forecasts in collaboration with our Head of Risk for our external partners
- Establish & maintain regular reports for management and investors on loan operations activities
- Work with our BI Analyst towards establishing fully automated loan operations reporting
- Work with our Operations Director and Head of Product to establish product requirements for payment and fraud monitoring going forward
- Create a reporting suite for auditing by third parties and for management purposes
- Drive forward the automation of all monitoring and reconciliation work
- Review and approve all out-going payments
- Depending on your skills: Evaluate and initiate new product opportunities that have a direct impact on our customers
- Depending on your skills: Model reconciliation data and improve fraud models in the data warehouse
Opportunities to progress depend on the candidates interests and skills. Potential progression paths are towards business intelligence (BI) roles or within payments/loan operations. There may also be opportunities to explore/establish specialised functions related to fraud/risk.
- Advanced data analysis and Excel skills are absolutely essential (from conceptualisation to presentation)
- Intermediate VBA skills strongly preferred
- A passion for B2B finance and empathy for the problems SMEs, esp. regarding access to finance
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams and/or managing incidents under time pressure
- Work experience in financial services/technology preferred but not required
- SQL and/or Python skills in no way required but could be a plus
We live by our core values, in our interactions with customers and within Growth Street. Those joining us will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrate our values;
- Be Curious: We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about taekwondo or opera, we want to hear from you. We are eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our business for our customers: that is why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in Sync: We are only as strong as the sum of our parts and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible, that’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat Expectations: At Growth Street, we do what we do for our customers, and we dedicate our time as colleagues to think beyond their immediate needs and beat expectations.
In this role, we expect you to be…
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Number driven – You love numbers and data. You really love numbers. Seriously. You actively seek data to validate your hypotheses.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in a written form. You are able to communicate complex situations using the right language for your audience.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
A good CV or highly relevant work experience alone are often not a good indicator of role- and culture-fit. You should see yourself in the above list of competencies/traits. During the interview stages, you will be tested systematically on each of them.
- Salary: £25-40k, depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- Free breakfast & fruit, budget for books, weekly lunch & learns and more…
Growth Street recruits the best talent from around the world: 40% of the team started life outside the UK. We also welcome applications from within EU (Brexit or no Brexit!).
The role is based in our London offices. We are located 4 mins from Liverpool Street and 2 mins from Aldgate tube station.