PatSnap is a global, hyper-growth, venture-backed start-up with offices in London, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Singapore, Toronto and LA. Our cloud-based software enables innovators to be more effective in their research and investment decisions and bring new inventions to market faster.
Our hyper-growth trajectory is powered by our people, and we are extremely proud of our company-wide vision, work ethic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Ideas are always welcome, regardless of seniority, because we believe that open innovation amplifies success throughout every department: product development, marketing, sales or operations.
PatSnappers like to learn, grow and make a difference. Join us and be part of our story.
In this role you will co-ordinate our People Operations programs including on-boarding and engagement activities, advise and support our PatSnap UK Employees, provide administrative support to the People Operations function and actively participate and contribute to the progression of People Operations projects and initiatives
What can I expect to do?
- You will provide dedicated HR and administrative support to the People Operations team
- You will manage employee compliance and people data
- You will maintain and take ownership of the HRIS systems and processes
- You will manage a variety of employee relations and performance management activities
- You will act as a first point of contact for employee relations or HR enquiries
- You will build strong relationships with employees across the company
- You will coordinate all pre-employment and onboarding program activities
- You will work closely with the payroll team to ensure accuracy
- You will support internal communications
What would make me successful in this role?
- Experience of best-practice, typical HR processes and procedures
- Strong and up to date knowledge of employment law
- Expertise in employee relations
- Understanding of the Technology / SaaS space and/or the start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written, with the ability to adjust to different types of people and scenarios
- Very high attention to detail is key to success in this position in order to manage data in volume and different forms
- Multi-tasking, managing priorities and the ability to flip between tasks is essential
- Stakeholder management and the ability to teach and hold people accountable
- Values-led and able to put the person at the centre of everything you do
- Proficient in using Microsoft office applications
- Highly skilled in using database systems, ideally Fairsail/Sage People Knowledge
- CIPD trained (or the willingness to train)
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities, so if you are adaptable and embrace change then you will thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non-hierarchical, and egos dont fly here so no job is too big or too small, we all get stuck in to make the business successful, so you’d better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme. We face new situations and market opportunities which weve not encountered previously. There aren’t always someones footsteps to follow so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
Whats in it for me?
- Continuous growth and personal development in a busy HR team
- Unparalleled career progression in a hyper growth SaaS organisation (backed by Sequoia, Summit Partners, and Xiaomi’s founder) with a multi-cultural, East-meets-West DNA.
- A market leading product in an innovative space, PatSnaps mission is to help companies accelerate innovation.
We hold our values strongly: -
- Integrity without compromise
- Self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Dare to dream big and make mistakes
- Radical candor with courage