We are looking for an energetic and hyper-organised People Operations Coordinator who will drive our continued, rapid, growth Mrs Wordsmith and keep the office and our amazing people happy, healthy and humming along.
The People Ops Coordinator is a fun and challenging role in which you will have the opportunity to impact every employee’s experience at Mrs Wordsmith. You will own everything from office management to coordinating our recruitment activities and managing the leadership team’s diaries as we go full speed ahead on the 10,000 Word Journey.
You will report to the Head of Operations and partner closely with the People Ops team as you constantly look to improve the employee experience.
About the role
People & HR
- Assist with the end-to-end recruitment process, from writing job specs (like this!) to applicant screening, interview scheduling and letting candidates know our decision
- Ensure that our recruiting platform is run like an efficient machine and manage our accounts on all recruitment portals
- Manage the on-boarding process of new employees, including documentation and referencing, and ensuring that we set them up for success in their role
- Help the team to build and develop best-in-class recruitment processes
- Be the first point of contact at the office, to accept deliveries, greet guests and answer incoming calls
- Manage the relationship with building management, facilities and other vendors
- Order office supplies, keep the fridge stocked and make sure there’s always great coffee around
- Coordinate IT support
- Plan the weekly team meetings, organise socials and use your creativity to suggest team-building events that will enhance an already strong culture
- Provide diary management and travel logistics support to the leadership team
- Ensure local team is aware of Health & Safety procedures and the office abides by all regulations
- Undergraduate degree (or higher) from a top university
- 2+ years work experience, ideally in both an office management and an HR coordination role
- Experience working in a startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action
- Extremely detail-oriented - you can’t sleep at night if loose ends haven’t been tied off
- Strong interest in process improvement - you love finding ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined
- Proficient with the Google suite, Keynote, Dropbox…...and learning new skills all the time
- Impeccable judgment and ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Passionate about what we do at Mrs Wordsmith, so that you can act as an authentic ambassador
Whats in for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded start-up thats scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly team members who are keen to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly…
- ...and make a meaningful contribution to millions of lives
Sketches of life at Mrs Wordsmith
- We love characters. Animated ones and the real ones in our office.
- Bringing a word to life is an amazing process that involves linguists, creatives, writers and technologists.
- Sometimes words fail us and we just jam to music and solve complex problems around how words are connected to the world.
- We love reimagining the dictionary. Its a utility. It needs some love and creativity. Come and help us transform it into something you cant stop using.
Closing date: 31st November 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.